PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

ddubois
04-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I've heard it said "I added him to my buddy list" in reference to some bad player. I've recently started adding fishy players to my buddy list - usually uber passive calling station types, and a maniac or two, and as part of my table seleciton routine, I'll do a quick check to see if these donators are online. But only recently, so my list is very short, and I don't have a good set of criteria for deciding when to add someone to my buddy list. Obviously I can't put every player whose skills I have doubts about into my party buddy list. It would be too long.

Ideally, you want people 1) who you have seen play alot to be sure of your read, 2) who will be online alot in the future, 3) who will call you down and pay you off no matter how much action you give, and 4) are more than just average bad, but rather, the worst of the worst. Since I've only recently started doing this, I've been thinking maybe I shuld go back through my pokertracker database and look for some more awful people to add to my buddy list, to make sure I have some "hits" when I do a player search. Has anyone done this? I can't look through every hand, so what poker tracker criteria do you thnk would be good to use? Just grab anyone who has massive VPIP and some threshold of hands played? Look at AF too? Look at money lost? What is your ideal player type for this purpose? (Better to follow around calling stations than maniacs, for instance?)

sublime
04-28-2004, 06:58 PM
I would first start with players you played 75-100 hands with, the more the better. Than look for a high Vp$IP and a low PFR%.

Hmmmmm, an idea just struck old Subby. How about a "fish network"?

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

fluff
04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
If you go to Pokertracker under "summary" I think, you can list players from top to bottom based on how many hands they played with you.

If you see one where you have data for several hundred hands played together, he/she has something like 60%+ flops seen, 3% pre-flop raise. Then check the hands they show down with. Did he get most of his wins showing down A3o then hitting his kicker at the river? Did he stay with J3o all the way to the river with JJ crap kicker?

Those players should go on your buddy list.

Zetack
04-29-2004, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm, an idea just struck old Subby. How about a "fish network"?

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea has been floated before and usually the consensus view seems to be to dismiss it as unseemly.

--Zetack

Sam T.
04-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Also, do you want to sit down at the following table?

bisonbison
StellarWind
therake
festus
sthief
JSDErikson
sfer
Trix
-one big fish.