PDA

View Full Version : Review my hand: Too aggressive on the river?

Kripke
04-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Played this hand last night at Pokerroom. I had only been at the table for about ten minutes, so I had no particular reads. Seemed somewhat loose, but I was a bit in the dark. Here I’m wondering if I was too aggressive on the river, but my (very limited) experience tells me that my play was ok. Any comments?

0.25/0.50 at Pokerrom.com
Hand 1: Hero is BB with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif , Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop:
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif , 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif , 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls.

River: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.

I had a bit of trouble putting UTG on a hand. Two possible suggestions came to mind: Either he was trying to “keep me honest” not believing I had the 6 (perhaps holding a queen high), or, given his raises on the turn, that he was on a nut flush draw. Perhaps, I should just have called on the river when reraised, but thought he was semi-bluffing as he missed his flush.

Results in white below:
<font color="white"> UTG shows: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif , 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero shows: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif , Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif</font>

nolanfan34
04-28-2004, 07:20 PM
I think you played it fine. Without any read on the table, it's a little more difficult, but I would have played it the same. There are plenty of people at that limit who will raise the whole way with AQ or KQ in that position, not knowing that they're beat.