PDA

View Full Version : Let them Catch Up a Little?

06-11-2002, 01:48 PM
typical online 3-6

i limp UTG with 88, one LP limper, the button raises, both blinds fold. partly for deception purposes, and partly to get heads up with my pp i limp-reraise, maniacal LP thwarts that plan with the old limp-cap, me and the button call.

flop is 8 5 4 rainbow

i bet the flop hoping to get raised but they both only call. turn is a 3, i thought about checking to either get a check-raise or to coax a call on the end. but i bet, and they both folded.

i think i could have made much more with this but i don't know what course of action i should have taken.

what do you think?

06-11-2002, 01:55 PM
I think you would have loved giving a free card and watching a 2 hit the river giving either or both of them a straight with an ace.

06-11-2002, 02:16 PM
good point /images/smile.gif, would have loved that.

06-11-2002, 03:54 PM
Let us speak now the Lord's Prayer:

"God, grant me a great hand, my opponents a good hand, and the inability for them to tell the difference."

It's not your fault that your opponents had crap; be happy with the money you won.

06-11-2002, 04:55 PM
You have a choice: 1. A sure small win 2. A maybe bigger win. 3. A maybe bigger loss.

06-11-2002, 04:57 PM
How would you play AK in this situation?

Your limp re-raise, might convince people that AA/KK are more likely. Anyone with a piece of a real hand will want to put you on AK. They couldn't beat nut no-pair so you win.

Nicely played.

06-11-2002, 07:31 PM
How well do you know the maniac in LP? If he caps with not much pre-flop he sounds like the type

who'd bet after a check on the flop here to steal. But without knowing LP well you have to play it the way you did.

06-12-2002, 03:23 AM
I don't know that this contributes, but this is how I see it. Your money is getting 2:1. Ignoring a sr8, flush draw, or four of a kind, you are ~ 9:10 that the river card could hurt you (or did I type it backwards?). Even though that's overly scared of the river, it is a very long stretch to come up with a river card that won't hurt you.

Good play imo!

06-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Especially on a straight or flush board! As Clarkmeister said, that 2 comes and you lose to anyone holding an ace. Bad news! Fast play the heck out of this!