PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! - SNG bubble trouble....

trojanFan
04-28-2004, 04:12 PM
first -- i'm new at posting, but have been reading the forum for awhile-- thanks to everyone for the ongoing advice!

here's where i'm at - playing $50 NL SNG's on Party (start with T1000). Running between slight wins to slight losses over the last 100 or so SNG's. I play tight for the first 2-3 levels (playing only premium hands, hoping to double up or just survive if the premium hands don't hit -- we've all read this strategy a lot in this forum).

Here's where the trouble starts for me...please help!
When the blinds hit 50/100 and then 100/200, it's common for me to have one of the smaller stacks (approx 800-1,000 chips) if i didn't hit any monster hands in the first 2 levels (statistically very common). As the blinds hit 100/200 with 4-6 players left, using the gap concept, it becomes "all in or fold" in a lot of situations and i find myself ending up in 3rd, 4th, 5th place a ton (top 3 cash out). It's very common to hit a decent hand (mid pair, AK, AQ, etc) and push all in but be called by a big stack and be kicked around in a showdown. Limping in hurts if the min bet is such a large proportion of my total stack..i try to avoid it.

What in the world should i be doing in these situations? Where could the leak(s) be?

thanks again - this forum has been a tremendous help for me and i appreciate it!