PDA

View Full Version : AQo: 3-6

06-10-2002, 04:45 PM
4 people limp, the sb completes, and i'm in the bb with AQo, i check.

flop is K Q 4 with two hearts

sb checks, i check, and its checked to MP (a good aggressive player who's a little loose btf) who bets, LP and I are the only callers.

turn is another K, i check, MP bets, LP folds, i call.

river is a small heart, i check, my opponent bets, i call.

i messed this up somewhere along the way i think.

what would you guys have done differently?

results in next post.

06-10-2002, 06:24 PM
I would not have just called when a pair of kings hit the board on the turn. I would have either folded, or raised if I though there was a good chance he was bluffing (and probably folded to a reraise). I would not just call him down, though.

06-10-2002, 08:54 PM
I would have folded on the flop.

06-10-2002, 09:18 PM
If you were going to check-call on the flop, you should have bet it yourself. You'll never know where you are by check-calling.

06-10-2002, 09:36 PM
I would have raised pre-flop. I most likely have the best hand and want to get more money in the pot. On the flop, I would check. If a bet and a caller, then I would probably fold. If only one bet, then I would go for a check-raise.

I find that it is easier to figure out where I am by betting aggressively and then measuring (both logically and intuition) my opponents responses.

Limping aand check-calling is wandering in the dark.

06-11-2002, 02:08 AM
my aggressive opponents bet on the flop could mean several things; a K, a Q, a draw, or even a 4 with an A kicker, etc. etc.

when the K hits i didn't see the point of raising him since if he does have a weak pair, even a weaker Q he'd probably fold.

i figured i could use his aggressive tendencies to get another bet out of him on the river, and if he does have a K i save a bet since i was going to the showdown versus this guy once that K came anyways (he's tricky and now the mathematics of the situation imply that he dosen't have a K).

all this thinking didn't turn out well for me though....

my opponent had a set of 4's and filled up on the turn. ouch.

the way this hand played made me feel pretty fishlike, i think that i'm trying to think about everything to much or something.

06-11-2002, 10:47 AM
drop it on the flop

06-11-2002, 10:01 PM
If you think he could have a K what is the sense of calling the flop? Raise or fold. If you raised, chances are he would have re-raised and you can fold with a clear conscience. By check and calling the turn and the river, you were guessing and wound up with a sad reality. I think you floundered on this one.