PDA

View Full Version : i played good, bad, or ugly?

citanul
04-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 game,
been playing about 60 hands, mostly shorthanded, 5-6 players. 3 players have just sat down, and all posted the blind.

2 calls and a fold to me in what was once the cutoff,
I call with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif good, bad?
the 3 posters check, and the button raises.
blinds, all limpers, call.

Flop comes:
9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

so, there's the blinds, 2 limpers, then me, then 3 limpers, then the button, who raised, as a recap.

sb checks, bb bets, both limpers call, i call (bad, good?), a couple more calls, then the button raises, sb folds, bb reraises, the limpers now fold.
I call 2 cold (good, bad?), a call, a fold, and the button caps, remaining players call.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to the button, who bets, 3 of us call.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to the button, who bets, another player calls, as do I. (bad, good?)

I was thinking about posting this as a "$x if you guess right" competition, but decided since I'm cheap, not to.

Results: the other guy who called all the way had 98o for 2 pair, the button who bet and raised a lot, had 85o, for high card 9 with an 8 kicker, and mhig.

citanul

joker122
04-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Try rewriting your post (the flop doesn't make sense).

citanul
04-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Sorry about that, My hand was K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, not the afformentioned K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Apologies.

joker122
04-28-2004, 02:26 PM
You played it ok except for the river. First of all, the preflop call is fine since you expected alot of players. The turn is standard. On the river I'd probably bet into the button. If not I'm check raising him.