PDA

View Full Version : Is any of this reasonable?

Rico Suave
04-28-2004, 10:15 AM
My reads: MP1 is manical, raises pf with any A, and loves to raise with nothing (recently capped flop, turn, and raise river with nada). MP2 is a smidge loose, average pf aggression, and takes her hands a little to far. No real read on sb or bb.

Any street played correctly?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (28 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 28 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 28 BB, between BB, MP1, MP2 and Hero.</font>

--Rico

Rico Suave
04-28-2004, 03:11 PM

PokerNoob
04-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Looks good to me. With a lack of reads on the coldcallers I like the check on the end. A flush could be looking to raise a maniac, or an overpair or AJ could be hanging around that's going to beat you anyway.

Alobar
04-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I don't really like the turn raise, if you're raising the turn because you think you are ahead then why not cap it? being 3 bet by the maniac means nothing. I'm more worried about MP2s constant cold calling. But I think if you're going to raise the turn, you need to cap it and bet the river. Otherwise call the turn and call the river

btspider
04-28-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure about this one.. but:

I'm not feeling good about my hand when it comes 3 bets to me on the flop.. especially after MP2 cold-calls 3. The only cards I want to see on the turn are 8's, 9's, and T's. I think I do a weak-tightish fold and choose a better time to fight since this will be a costly hand to showdown with a maniac and blind both liking their hand. If MP2 folded and the board was two-tone in one of my T's suits, I'd be much more inclined to continue.

I'd sit this one out, pay attention and take some notes on what the blinds would cold-call with preflop and then get excited about with this flop.

I'm guessing:
MP2 has QQ or went way too far with AKo or AQs
BB has 55 or 56s
MP1 has J7o or some other gutshot and gets lucky (no overpair for MP2) and thus validates his entire existence and purpose in life

sfer
04-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Given your read of MP1/MP2 and how the SB slowed down, why did you raise the turn but not bet the river? It's hard to give MP1 credit for a Jack with your read, especially when he checks to you on the turn. Looks like MP2 missed overcards and SB/BB are praying for the best.

arkady
04-28-2004, 06:25 PM
m1 is a maniac, that is practically all the info u need.

i suspect you won this hand, but if maniac caught something - u will get him next time.

Rico Suave
04-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Sfer:

[ QUOTE ]
Given your read of MP1/MP2 and how the SB slowed down, why did you raise the turn but not bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised the turn b/c I thought I was ahead, but my hand was still vulnerable. I wanted to put the bb to a decision and, with the help of a 3-bet by the maniac, drive out MP2's overcards. He did 3-bet, but she did not budge, which made me more inclined to put her on an overpair. So I checked behind on the river.

--Rico

Rico Suave
04-29-2004, 09:19 AM
For those who are interested

BB had 77
MP1 had 64 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP2 had AA

....and I come in 3rd. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I felt that I was perhaps a bit laggish in this one. But I am not convinced that being passive on the flop and turn is any better. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

bernie
04-29-2004, 09:51 AM
MP2's postflop calls/coldcalls should be telling you something. That's the main hand i concentrated on in this thread.

Her coldcall of 3 bets on the flop wouldve clued me in a little. I may have layed it down here. Though it wouldve been tough. (This is beyond a little loose or taking hands a smidge too far) One reason it'd be tough is i havent seen a hand shed play this way. Whether or not shed withstand this barrage with a lesser hand then i have.

On the turn, especially after her coldcall, i definitely know im beat by M2.

b

bernie
04-29-2004, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
m1 is a maniac, that is practically all the info u need.

i suspect you won this hand, but if maniac caught something - u will get him next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making a huge mistake ignoring the others in the hand and only focusing on the maniac. He's easy to put on a hand. He has, 'anything'. That's all you need for him. You know you will showdown with him. It's the others that you narrow the range of hands down that you have to worry about. Dont waste the mental energy on the maniac.

I dont see him winning this hand. Im guessing MP2 has at least AJ, more likely QQ or better.

b

bernie
04-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Wow, make a note on BB's play. He put in an awful lot postflop with 77.

MP2 AA? Well, you knew it was an overpair regardless.

Maniacs wet dream came true.

b