PDA

View Full Version : Fold nut flush draw?

THE OUTLAW
04-28-2004, 06:15 AM
5/10 live

SB w/ A7h. EP limper, button limps, I call, BB calls.
Flop: Jh9hXo I check-raise the field after the BB bets, all call.
Turn: To I check, BB bets, EP raises, button cold calls. I fold my nut draw, knowing that I am getting the proper odds to call. 110-20= 5.5-1, for a 4.5-1 shot.

I feel this decision is all about MATH. First of all, if I call here the BB, who has showed strengh so far in the hand, still has to act which may mean another 10$ to 20$ call on my part. Two of my outs arent clean. And I felt that the button may have also been on a flush draw. If this is the case, then what is normally figured as a 9 outer is really a 5 outer.

So now we just have to figure the implied odds. If I hit my heart I can probably get at least two calls. However, if the button IS on a flush draw I may be able to pick up a bunch of bets here on the river. I dont exactly know how to calcutlate implied odds but after thinking about this hand for a couple of days I think that I may have made a bad fold. Comments?

THE OUTLAW

pudley4
04-30-2004, 04:01 PM
I already did all this math for you in your original thread.

sthief09
04-30-2004, 06:03 PM
wait, so everyone told you that it was a terrible fold, so you come to a different forum so they can sugarcoat it and tell you that you played well?

get over yourself. you'll never be a decent player until you can learn to admit when you screw up

toots
04-30-2004, 07:17 PM
So, contrary to all the commentary in the psychology forum, Dynasty's slap upside the head didn't get through after all?

"I find that I can always achieve more with a kind word and a big stick than I can with a kind word alone."

sthief09
04-30-2004, 08:34 PM
sorry, I didn't realize he posted them at the same time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chief444
05-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Since the first 20 people telling you it was a horrible fold didn't sink in, let me now make it 21. Horrible fold. /images/graemlins/blush.gif