PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like this river play?

THE OUTLAW
04-28-2004, 05:27 AM
5/10 live

AJo in the BB. 2 limpers, CO (seems like a decent player) raises, SB (never can put on a hand) calls , I call.
Flop: (AQhJh) SB checks, I bet, call, fold, CO raises, SB calls, I call, limper calls.
Turn: (Xo) SB checks, I bet, fold, CO raises again, SB calls, I call
River: (Ko) As this scare card hits the CO grumbles and makes it known that he hates this river. SB bets.

Now the SB is a very strange player. In the past when I have played with him he seems to know what he is doing, but a lot of the time he makes really odd bets. Especially river bets, with like 3rd pair. The scary thing is that he gets paid off a lot of the time with his crap. So hoping he was on a spade draw (my original read), or is making another bonehead river bet w/ a weak hand, I RAISE in order to get the CO to fold. After the CO raised the turn it was pretty clear that he either had AK or had me beat. Either way, he has me beat now. After his comments on the river I know he wont be calling a 20$ bet.
Well he folds and now the SB 3 bets. I pay off and he shows KT for the flopped nuts. A lot of times when it seems I have thrown my money away I get really mad at myself. But I really felt like I made a good play here on the river. The CO said he had AQ. Comments?

Bob T.
04-28-2004, 05:36 AM
I think if you know that the SB occasionally takes shots at the pot, your raise was OK, but do you really think that he is going to threebet the river with a hand that you can beat? I think you could have laid it down to a threebet.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Yeknom58
04-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Unless your friend makes odd 3bets.....I like the raise but don't like the call.

THE OUTLAW
04-28-2004, 05:47 AM
Very good points but if you knew the player you would throw that 10$ in the pot as fast as I did. Also at that point there was 200$ in there. No way I am folding here. Thanks,

THE OUTLAW