PDA

View Full Version : Raising and getting 3 or 4 callers

rivered
04-28-2004, 02:18 AM
I've had a problem in the past with playing hands similiar to this and raising to far. Do you think this is a good fold? I would call if I had 2 overcards, especially if there was no flush showing but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. If I raise and someone bets into me on the flop (with 3 or 4 people in the hand) is it best to play it pretty tight unless you think they are bluffing or am I to quick to fold.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB bets, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, UTG calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Results in White

<font color="white"> bone99 shows [ 8s 4s ] a pair of eights
DFRAN66 Shows [ 9h Kh ] two pairs, kings and nines

Nate tha' Great
04-28-2004, 02:29 AM
I think the fold is probably correct. That's not a good board for your hand. However if my hand were A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif then I'd call or possibly raise. I'd also call or possibly raise if there were not a caller on the flop.