PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 Aggression Hand: Am I losing my mind?

06-09-2002, 05:03 PM
Playing 2-4 online. I open raise in early mid position with 10-10. The cutoff and button both coldcall. Flop comes 5c 7h 2c. I bet and am called in both places. The turn is the Kh. I bet and the cutoff raises. The button calls the 8 cold. I fold. The river comes 3h and it's checked down. Results to follow. Comments appreciated. I thought the turn was an easy fold.

Jeff

06-09-2002, 09:19 PM
The turn was an easy fold with a raise and a cold caller.

06-10-2002, 01:05 AM
The cutoff showed a pair of 5's and the button mucked. I guess I am being results oriented here, but yeesh.

Jeff

06-10-2002, 07:56 AM
It's not unusal to see one or two raises post flop when there is a straight or flush draw on the board. At the turn you now have two flushes in the works.

When you are cold called both places preflop, that should mean they are not playing little cards so the flop shouldn't be much of a concern. Your position hasn't changed, you are either ahead or behind.

The K on the turn may have made a pair or better for one of them or maybe a flush draw. I would have checked along and called.

I would expect to see AK or better at the river, but they both may have been trying to represent what they wished they had. Hope you were not disappointed with your fold....