PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!

auburn33
04-28-2004, 12:37 AM
this is my first post on the board. i really need help bc i cant figure out why i am so inconsistent in online poker. i play the nl $25 games at party poker. some nights i will clean the rooms and make a ton of money, then i will lose a whole ton the next night. i really wish i could keep up the winning and not sure what im doing. i tried just playing goup 1 and 2 hands to solve this and fold everything else but that didnt work. what are some of your general tips to consistent winning? i try not to stay around for draws or on a small pair, and dont bet much on my small or medium pairs, some PLEASE HELP. thanks! p.s. should i play the limit games at party poker? would that be more profitable?

illunious
04-28-2004, 12:53 AM
No one wins every day.

If your losses are greater than your gains, consider moving to a limit you can consistently beat.

deacsoft
04-28-2004, 01:43 PM
Welcome to 2+2! We all hope we can help you out, and we look forward to your contributions. I have learned so much here. I'm sure you will too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're looking for a more stable game and understand the play of limit poker; I suggest playing limit. You will certainly have the greater potential of great days and horrible days when playing no limit. That's not to say that no limit can not be beaten consistantly. That's also not to say that there will not be good days and bad days to limit poker. Limit is simply limit. Because there is a limit to what you can lose; the swings are a little easier to handle. This is not so for everyone, but I feel safe calling it a generalization.

joker122
04-28-2004, 01:58 PM
It's online $25 NL - what do you expect? I can only imagine the type of clowns this structure attracts. The players are probably terrible, which means you can probably show a great profit in the long run, but you have to expect some big swings. My advice: play with a huge bankroll and keeping playing a solid game, you will win. I'd also suggest giving limit a shot. If you are able to be successful in LH you can work your way up the limits - this will end up being more profitable anyway, and the swings will be much less severe.

nykenny
04-28-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i tried just playing goup 1 and 2 hands ...

[/ QUOTE ]

what is group 1 and 2 hands in NL hold'em? i don't think there is a definition for that.