PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker and Tournament/SNG Compensation

Jason Strasser
04-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Alright, on Pokerstars and on other sites, you get rewarded in some form for paying the fees on SNG's or Multitable tournaments, yet on Party you get squat. I was beside myself when I realized that party gave out extra chips for raked hands played during the Million Dollar tourny. And also, why can't you work off bonus' playing SNG's and multis? The fee is similar...

Is there a valid explanation for this? Why do the cash tables get so much more love?

Prickly Pete
04-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Unless it's changed, I believe you get extra starting chips for winning SNGs and Multi final tables.

There's no love on working off bonuses through SNGs though. And I agree that it sucks.

AleoMagus
04-28-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on Pokerstars and on other sites, you get rewarded in some form for paying the fees on SNG's or Multitable tournaments, yet on Party you get squat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to defend Party... but what can I say? I still have a love/hate relationship with that site and today I'll stick up for them

Yeah, it's true that they don't seem to reward sng players like stars does but overall, I still think they reward you far more no matter what you play.

I don't think I ever got bonus money for joining stars and I certainly have never recieved a single bonus since. Party started me off with a bonus, and seems to offer me another bonus about every month or so. I usually have take a break from that site to get another bonus but it still adds up. This month I actually collected $50 free from party, then got another 15% bonus on a deposit after that.

Sure, you gotta play a few raked hands to clear the bonuses, but if you really feel that sngs are the ONLY way that you can win, just fold everything and you will still profit more than the equivalent of stars' FPP plan.

The FPP plan sounds nice and all, but it really takes a long time to earn very little. There are affiliates for party that will send you an aluminum case poker chip set similar to the one stars gives away at 17000 FPPs and these guys are only asking you to sign up.

I know what you are saying though - I wish that I could work off bonuses with sngs, but all things considered, party still rewards it's players more just for being a real money player on the site. (in my opinion)

Regards
Brad S