PDA

View Full Version : $3/6: red nines hand

06-09-2002, 04:54 AM
One caller to me (the loose-passive Superfish from previous hand), and Iīm three to the right of the button with 9h9d. I raise, and everyone except one player (sb?, donīt know) including Superfish call. 5 opponents, 12 small bets.

Flop: 753 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, everyone calls, Superfish now check-raises (bad sign, I know), nevertheless I 3-bet, all fold to normally very loose-passive Superfish who 4-bets (didnīt do that in the entire session once except here). I crying call, planning to fold on turn if no help comes.

Turn: A. Superfish bets, I fold.

Question: Would you already have folded right after the check-raise on the flop?

06-09-2002, 10:33 AM
In my experience, loose passives will not check raise unless they flop a set, 2 pairs or a big overpair that they decide not to raise PF. Re-raise or fold. You decided to raise and he 4-bets, fold.

06-09-2002, 07:42 PM
FW,

It sure feels like he has a set. After He 4-bets, there are about 19 small bets in the pot, and you have an overpair. If he has a set, you have the odds to take one off to hit your overpair. On the turn, you are only getting 11-1, so you need to fold.

Well played.

Good luck,

Bob T.

06-10-2002, 04:53 AM