PDA

View Full Version : Two with AKs for your reviewing pleasure

spacemonkey57
04-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Hand 1. I think the flop bet was good. I got scared after the raise and decided to check/call it through. Was I an idiot to bet when I made trips?

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16.70 BB, between UTG+1, Hero, CO and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (16.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
UTG+1 shows 2s 2d (two pair, kings and twos).
Hero shows Ks As (three of a kind, kings).
CO shows 8d 8c (full house, eights full of kings).
Outcome: CO wins 16.70 BB. </font>

Hand 2. What do you think of waiting for the river to raise? I kind of panicked when I flopped a monster and didn't want to scare anybody out.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.70 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19.70 BB, between Button, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (19.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ks 2h (three of a kind, kings).
Hero shows Ah Kh (full house, kings full of aces).
Button shows Ad Jc (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 19.70 BB. </font>

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn.

Hand 2: Raise the turn.

nolanfan34
04-27-2004, 08:13 PM
I agree with Bison.

Hand one, bet the turn. CO will probably reraise, I'd call, and I'd probably lose the same amount of bets on the river with trips. Tough hand to run up against.

Hand two, I'd raise the turn. I don't mind slowplaying the flop, but at this point BB has called a PF raise, bet out the flop, and bet out on the turn - he/she has some piece of the flop, probably a lone A or K. They ain't goin' anywhere.

You had to love the river action, nice hand. Be glad your other opponents had hands they wanted to play down to the end - seems like when I flop a monster like this, no one has anything and they all fold to a bet on the turn...

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif