PDA

View Full Version : 100-200 Hand

HiatusOver
04-27-2004, 06:54 PM
5-Handed good 100-200 game

Opponent in this hand is Loose and Aggressive, my best guess it that he is an overall losing player in the game. He is still not the most desirable opponent because he is a very tough read and often I just resort to MBC (must-be-called).

So, folded to me in the SB I raise A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif Opponet calls in BB.

Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet he raises I call

Turn A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet

Comments?

Richie Rich
04-27-2004, 07:56 PM
The fact that you raised him before the flop when everyone folded to you "seems" like an attempt to steal his BB with any two cards...but in fact you had a legit hand.

I think your bet on the turn was good. The BB could have a multitude of different hands here, and protecting your pair of As with a good kicker is important. You're also out-of-postion, which stresses my former point all the more. Maybe he's on a flush draw, maybe he has a pair with K or J, maybe he has a smaller pocket pair, maybe he has an A with a weak kicker. We don't know yet. Nevertheless, you don't want to give him a free card on the turn...and by checking (in an attempt to check-raise), he might just check and catch you on the river.

Given that you're playing heads-up against one opponent who could be holding any two cards at this point, you need to come out shooting all the way to the river.

mike l.
04-28-2004, 12:44 AM
since nobody else has i guess now's the time to state that i think there's a lot to be said for 3 betting the flop here and leading on all turn cards.

MarkD
04-28-2004, 01:16 AM
I don't play nearly this high but I don't think I like the turn bet. I don't see what the turn bet accomplishes that is good. At this level your opponent is likely semi-capable of reading hands and folding when he thinks he is beat. Also, at this level, I assume your "loose agressive" opponent is going to be agressive post flop too. I think it is likely that he will bet the turn if you check to him. I also think that by betting you are announcing that "Yes, I have an ace - you can safely fold your K or your 3 or whatever you have here."

I think check/call and bet the river no matter what comes is a better line in terms of EV.

HappySushi
04-28-2004, 03:31 AM
All poker good.

AQ is good waiting hand. one player only? Sometimes just call, other player think he raise me out, then raise.

Now three cards come Kj3, bet yes. no fold till river.

AKJ3. no fold. bet dont know.

there isn't much to say nothing crazy.