PDA

View Full Version : My first limp reraise

bakku
04-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Table is aggressive, almost every hand seems to be a raised pot so I decide to try limp reraising.

UTG+2 is tight, but I haven't played enough hands with him yet to determine how aggressive/passive he is
BB is my new friend..he'll call down with any piece of the flop

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

"BB types: omg you're a retard" as soon as I bet the turn.

River: (20.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 23.25 BB, between BB, Hero and UTG+2.</font>

Lost Wages
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
BB calls...BB calls...BB checks...BB calls...BB checks...BB calls

"BB types: omg you're a retard" as soon as I bet the turn.

BB checks...BB calls

I would worry too much about the BB's opinion /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Nice hand, though I would bet the river and call a raise.

Lost Wages

sfer
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Looks fine. Assuming UTG+2 is smart enough to identify an UTG limp-reraise I think you slowed down at the right time. If not, or if UTG+2 has a tendency to get out of line, I put in one more raise on the turn.

BB is cool, but should really use the preferred chat words "tard" or "asstard."

DoctorDrew
04-27-2004, 06:08 PM
I like it.

bakku
04-27-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would worry too much about the BB's opinion . Nice hand, though I would bet the river and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't worried about BB's opinion at all, I just found it ironic he said that when everyone at the table knew he was just donating to the pot /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bakku
04-27-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine. Assuming UTG+2 is smart enough to identify an UTG limp-reraise I think you slowed down at the right time. If not, or if UTG+2 has a tendency to get out of line, I put in one more raise on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+2 didn't really have a read on me nor did I have a read on him other than he was a tightie; he was fairly new to the table. I thought about 3-betting the turn, but was feeling weak-tight and didn't want to have to call down a cap. What do you think about check raising the turn instead?

[ QUOTE ]
BB is cool, but should really use the preferred chat words "tard" or "asstard."

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't "asstard" turn into "XXXtard?" That just wouldn't be as cool.

symphonic
04-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Looks like your up against Kings, I might 3 bet the turn. It depends, as someone else said, if UTG+2 is smart enough to respect your limp reraise.

SofaCoach
04-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Post results, the suspense is killin me. Did he have KK /images/graemlins/smile.gif, QQ /images/graemlins/frown.gif AQ /images/graemlins/grin.gif, or AA /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, Tell me BB didn't have a 5.

For what's it's worth, I'd have probably played it the same. I may of checkraised the turn though. I think you're ahead but starting to really worry about QQ.

sfer
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 didn't really have a read on me nor did I have a read on him other than he was a tightie; he was fairly new to the table. I thought about 3-betting the turn, but was feeling weak-tight and didn't want to have to call down a cap. What do you think about check raising the turn instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if you're wary about going 3+ bets on the turn then checkraising seems like a bad idea, no?

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't "asstard" turn into "XXXtard?" That just wouldn't be as cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. XXXtard is fairly retarded. Damn Party censors!

StellarWind
04-28-2004, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like your up against Kings, I might 3 bet the turn. It depends, as someone else said, if UTG+2 is smart enough to respect your limp reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
And why should UTG+2 do that??

I just posted a hand from tonight where I confronted a limp-reraiser. It's completely typical. Most limp-reraisers at this level are tilted, frivolous, or have been reading nonsense about raising it up with volume hands. AA/KK is actually quite rare.

I will only play a limp reraiser for a jumbo PP if I know he's a good player. These players don't know each other.

Shalara
04-28-2004, 01:02 AM
That was really nicely done. I rather like the limp re-raise on occasion myself, especially at tables like the one you describe.

Flop play looks good to me. Of course, after he caps it, I'd seriously consider QQ, though KK &amp; AQ are good possibilities too.

I wonder if the BB has a flush draw or made a pair of Qs or 8s... I can't help but think that if he had trips or a set, he'd be jumping in on the action on the turn. But I think you're right to just call the raise here--any thinking player has to put you on AA-QQ by this point, and this raise from a tight player after all your action looks scary.

I think your river play was good too. The only hands you'd like to see are AQ or KK... anything else he could reasonably have played that way (except AA) will just cost you more.

bakku
04-28-2004, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, if you're wary about going 3+ bets on the turn then checkraising seems like a bad idea, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying off a 3-bet wouldn't make my cringe as much as paying off a cap /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, I don't think he 3-bets anything but QQ. AA or KK would probably be scared as hell of the c/r.

bakku
04-28-2004, 01:09 AM
UTG+2 shows down A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif and we split BB's money /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BB has Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. As soon as the BB typed "omg, you're a retard" I replied with a "ty" as I called UTG+2's river bet. Since it was my last hand at the table I give BB a "thanks for donating to our pot buddy" followed by UTG+2's "lol" as we split his donation /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bakku
04-28-2004, 01:12 AM
results are up /images/graemlins/smile.gif and i like the idea of check raising the turn too

sfer
04-28-2004, 01:17 AM
UTG+2 played his hand rather well.

bakku
04-28-2004, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand, though I would bet the river and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting thought, but I have no idea what to make of it. What do others think about this line?

ZootMurph
04-28-2004, 08:05 AM
I agree with this line. The only thing he could really have to beat you is QQ. ANYTHING else he'd raise and cap with you'd beat (or tie in the case of this hand). Gotta bet and call a raise.

Lost Wages
04-28-2004, 08:36 AM
You don't want to give him the chance to check behind with KK/JJ/AQ or even AA since it looks like the BB will be willing to call another bet. In other words, you need to make sure a bet goes in on the river, the only way to do that is to bet it yourself.

Lost Wages