PDA

View Full Version : Table Selection?

B Dids
04-27-2004, 05:57 PM
So today I've read

"If I can't limp with Axs UTG I'm playing at the wrong table"

"If I can't limp with 22 UTG I'm playing at the wrong table"

What standards do you use when trying to determine this. Is this all just notes and observations before you sit down? It's it's something you do after you've sit down, how many hands/orbits does it take before you'll bail on a table.

I feel like my game is at the point where elements like table selection are becoming more important, but I'm not sure how to put in in place in an environment like Party where it's somewhat hard to find a seat at a full table in the first place?

blackaces13
04-27-2004, 06:04 PM
I look for about 5 players to each flop on average and less than 20% of the hands being raised pre-flop.

On Party all they give you is the pot size to go by and there are a lot of times where you'll see a table with 9 players on in and the pot size is $10 or $11, this is a good candidate but not always a good table.

So you look at the table or you sit and wait for the BB and determine if its loose and passive enough. Sometimes you sit a $12 table and you notice that it gets 3 bet or capped 80% of the time by 3 or 4 players. Obviously this isn't a loose/passive table.

More often than not however you go to a 9 player with an $11 pot and the game is good for at least 20 minutes. Then the table usually gets bad for whatever reason and you have to pack it in and look for another good table. I probably switch tables 3 or 4 times an hour on Party, I don't know if this is typical but that's what I do. I'm always looking for a better table.