PDA

View Full Version : PP NL200--I won a huge pot, but did i play this terribly wrong?

pokerraja
04-27-2004, 04:47 PM
hi guys, this is my first post here. i have been lurching around for a long time.

i have loosened up a bit pre-flop in the NL200 game. i only play short-handed now at PP. since i have loosened up, my winnings have improved.

last night. im in BB ($240) with Q, 10 spades. UTG who was a loose maniac player ($330) open raised for $20, folded to button ($250) who smooth called, not much of a read on him yet. As i said earlier i have loosened up lately on my preflop calls. i really like playing suited connectors and even sometimes suited one-gappers against a raise due to the implied odds involved. so I call for $20 and at least want to see the flop.

FLOP was (9s, js, 4d). leaving me with open ended straight flush draw. I check, UTG bets out $80, button goes all-in for his remaining $230. leaving me to call with my remaining $220. I put both on pocket pairs like AA, KK, QQ and maybe even JJ to make a set. after much deliberation, i call the bet. UTG then reraises the button for an additional side pot. This table was wild to say the least.

Turn brings my 8 diamonds for the nut straight. and river improves my hand with an Ace spades to complete my Q high flush. I take down a $720 pot. It turns out UTG had KK, button had 99.

Now today, i have been thinking about that hand. I realize that was pretty loose to call a $20 raises with Q,10 spades preflop. was that correct to call $220 on a draw? I figured i had 17 outs with my open ended straight flush draws out of 46 unseen cards. so the pots was giving me great odds to call. would you guys make this call? was it a total fish move? thanks for any insight.

Mike Gallo
04-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Welcome aboard, now all you have to do is post in the correct forum.

Post this in Pot-, No-Limit

Bartholow
04-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Wrong forum.

You played fine IMHO but you only have 15 outs not 17. The 8s and Ks only count once.