PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river?

aas
04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I checked because I thought I could not get a call from a weaker hand. What do you think?

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows As Kc (one pair, jacks).
Hero shows Qs Qd (two pair, queens and jacks).
MP2 shows 5h Qh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>

MortalNuts
04-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Clarkmeister posted the following a few months ago; I like it, and think it applies here:

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that the concept of "worse hands can't call" sounds great in theory, but in practice it has almost no value. Worse hands can, and do, call all the time. What worse hands can call? I like to ley me opponents decide because they consistantly come up with all sorts of creative answers to the question.

I like Tommy's saying: "Its my job to give them rope, what they do with it is their business."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the river.

cheers,

mn

sfer
04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah, he had another great line recently which went something like, "People like to call. I like to let them."

Chris Daddy Cool
04-27-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I checked because I thought I could not get a call from a weaker hand. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll never know unless you bet.

aas
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the quote. I had second thoughts, that's why I posted.