PDA

View Full Version : some hands

flexus
04-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Hand 1:

pacific Poker 0.25/0,5 Hold'em (8-handed)

Preflop: Hero is sb with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero completes ,BB checks

Flop: (6 SB) 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif(6 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, co folds, Hero folds, BB folds.

there is no way I am making this flop call right?
I am drawing at a 4-outer to the nuts, but the pot odds I am getting on my call is only 9-2. I cant think that the implied odds makes up for this here, but I am not sure, which is why I am posting this hand.

hand 2:
Pacific Poker 0.25/0,5 Hold'em (10-handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

four players limps and I have no idea what to do with the hand. This is probably not a hard decision for you experienced guys, but I am asking about these basic things to be sure that they dont lose me money.

hand 3:
Pacific Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+2 coldcalls, co caldcalls, sb calls, bb calls

Flop: (12 SB) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, co calls, sb calls, bb folds, UTG folds

Turn: (8 BB) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4 players)
sb checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, sb calls.

River: (11 BB) 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
sb checks, Hero bets,UTG+2 calls,sb folds

I hesitatingly bet the river when the bottom card paired. Should I have checked this river through?

I took the pot with my aces.

hand 4:

Pacific Poker 0.25/0,5 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, MP1 coldcalls, MP2 folds, MP3 coldcalls, CO folds, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop: (12 SB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bet, MP1 calls, MP3 raises, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.5 BB) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 calls

River: (13,5 BB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, MP1 folds, MP3 calls

Was I to aggressive on this one?

Final Pot: 15.5 BB between Hero and MP3

Results:
Hero shows K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (one pair, kings)
MP3 shows J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif (three of a kind, Jacks).
Outcome: MP3 wins 15.5 BB.

thirddan
04-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Hand 1: played fine

Hand 2: weak offsuit aces are usually best in the muck...especially with limpers...there is a thread going on about this in this forum...

Hand 3:played fine...dont let the fact that board paired, this helps you in a lot of situation because you will beat other two pair hands...

Hand 4: played fine...JJ guy played poorly...

kenewbie
04-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Hand #1: Good fold.

Hand #2: This is a nice place to excersise your folding muscles.

Hand #3: Played like it should be.

Hand #4: I'm not sure I like the 3-bet on the flop. You raised preflop and then bet out on a king and a jack. You only have top pair with second kicker. He might just be testing you but without a read I would slow down. Passive players who raise dont bluff. They might overvalue their hands but they dont bluff (I'm assuming a normal low limit player here).

I'm sure there are aguments that can be made for the 3-bet though.

k

flexus
04-27-2004, 07:33 AM
When I 3-bet the flop in hand 4 my thinking was: "if he caps I will go into check/call, otherwise I will continue to lead."

Most low limit players would cap with two pair and trips in this situation would they not? If so, there is only one hand (AK) that I fear if he does not cap.

Does any of this make sense?

afk
04-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Hand 1: Good fold.
Hand 2: foldfoldfoldfoldfoldfoldfoldfoldfold
Hand 3: Well played.
Hand 4: I like it.

DamnRiver
04-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Hand #1 Good Fold, this is something I need to work on.
Hand #2 Fold, if it were suited I'd limp and see the flop
Hand #3 Well played. No raise on the turn is a decent indicator that there's no 4-flush in play (actual mileage on this statement may vary )
Hand #4 I concur with previous posters that you played it well and MP3 missed opportunities both PF and Flop. You had him sweating bullets that you had a 10 when the Q hit the board.