PDA

View Full Version : Bleh.

cold_cash
04-27-2004, 02:20 AM
How bad was my call on the river here?

Anybody play this differently? (Other than folding the river, I mean.)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between MP1, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (8.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ts Td (flush, queen high).
MP1 shows 8c Ad (flush, ace high).
Hero shows 9d 9h (flush, queen high).
Outcome: MP1 wins 8.75 BB. </font>

sthief09
04-27-2004, 03:13 AM
I would've bet the river and folded to the check-raise.

I think you have no choice but to call on the river.

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 03:30 AM
Hell, I would've bet the turn and folded to a check-raise.

cold_cash
04-27-2004, 03:39 AM
I thought about this right after I checked it through, and I think it's probably the best way to go.

I was a day late and a dollar short most of the day today.

Must be time for bed. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks guys.

sthief09
04-27-2004, 03:57 AM
I meant bet the turn...

on a side note, I find it pathetic that I come home from a bar half drunk and find the need to post on 2+2 at 3am, but thanks to sobriety I'm sober now and I'll start distinguishing between the turn and river now

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 03:59 AM
Hey, if the yankees and mets lose 200 games combined this year, does the rest of the country get a prize?

sthief09
04-27-2004, 04:02 AM
why does everyone hate on the mets? they suck, they cut their payroll, and their manager insists on starting jeff duncan, joe mcewing, and erik valent in the same outfield

but the yankees are going to go -38-200 (yes, they will win negative 38), so the mets don't matter much

how bout that bonds /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 04:04 AM
why does everyone hate on the mets?

I lived in Massachussetts for 5 years.

And I was just kidding. If the Yankees and Mets lose 200, that's a big enough gift.

sthief09
04-27-2004, 04:07 AM
this is something I could never understand

mets fans hate yankees fans
red sox fans hate yankees fans
mets fans like red sox fans cause they hate the yankees
red sox fans are still bitter about something that happened 18 years ago, and just aren't willing to share the bond of mutual hatred for the yankees

EDIT: and A's fans who make good hand converters and play some good poker hate the mets

ok I'm done hijacking this thread... sorry

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Well, cash got his question answered, so a little hijacking won't hurt anyone. And don't worry, I don't actually hate the mets. My interest in NL baseball is roughly 0%.

I do, however, despise the yankees and I and every sox fan I know rooted for the mets in the NY vs NY series (given that the earth wouldn't open up and swallow both teams). How'd that series turn out by the way?

sthief09
04-27-2004, 04:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How'd that series turn out by the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the mets took the first 4 games. then, refusing to give up potential revenue, george decided to force the yanks to play out the series. fortunately, bobby valentine was stoned at the time and agreed to play it out. then the mets proceeded to win the next 3 games, sweeping the series 7 games to none. as a footnote, derek jeter set a world series record by committing 79 errors.

bakku
04-27-2004, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: and A's fans who make good hand converters and play some good poker hate the mets

[/ QUOTE ]

A's fans hate the Yankees not the Mets, we just don't care about the Mets /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sfer
04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
Bonds rules. Go Giants. Someone out there have garlic fries at a game for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, bet the turn.