PDA

View Full Version : hit trips on the flop.....all in or build pot????

ddwarbuck
04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
about half the entrants in a 900 person, nlhe tourney are left. your hero sits on the button with pocket fives. two players limp in and i call. blinds call. the flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. blinds check and EP makes, minimal bet, MP doubles that and hero raises to size of pot with his trip fives. blinds fold as does EP. MP calls my raise. He now has 50% more chips than I. turn come 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. i move all in and he call with a pair of sevens. of course the six flops on the river to give him the gut shot straight. my question is...given the flop...would i be wise to move all in right there..realizing that an A3 would make a straight. should I have moved all in on the flop, recognizing i probably would take this to the end when no one went all in before me. did i get to cute by trying to lure more bets, which in the end cost me...(or should i worry more about that gutshot straight)

DougBrennan
04-27-2004, 12:55 AM
You did fine. He made a bad call, one that you want him to make, and got lucky. Aggravating to be sure, but a fact of tournament life. Nothing you should have done differently.

Doug