PDA

View Full Version : Interesting results

ddubois
04-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I think I may have played this correctly...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls $3.50 (All-In), Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25.87 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between Hero, UTG, UTG+1 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (25.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.37 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (0.37 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh As (two pair, aces and queens).
UTG shows 7d 7h (three of a kind, sevens).
UTG+1 shows Ks Ad (one pair, aces).
MP3 shows Ts Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 25.87 BB. </font>

SpaceAce
04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
I'd be more inclined to lead out on the turn or go for a check-raise than to check-call.

SpaceAce

BlueStar
04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
PF its capted and then when you make your two pair, and the flop is 3 bet. The turn comes a 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

what beats you???? The flush draw is out there and a pocket pair would cap PF and could of flopted or turned a set. I think you bet out the turn and fold to a raise. you can't beat a flush or a set.

ddubois
04-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Ok. Why?

I'm possibly behind AA and QQ already, calling down loses me the least. Also, the third club just landed, with two people calling the flop, I figure odds are good one of them was on a flush draw. I guess if I lead out I can force singleton clubs to call two cold, but is that productive - I mean, they have odds to stay around anyway. I can sort of see a reason there. But what reason is there to check-raise?

BaronVonCP
04-26-2004, 11:14 PM
To get more money in with the best hand?

BlueStar
04-26-2004, 11:16 PM
If you lead out on the turn and are raised you have a good reason to believe your behind. if you lead out who will call two cold? if you lead they call or raise and if they raise i would fold. with the cap PF and the flop 3 bet i have to think that my two pair are no good.

ddubois
04-26-2004, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To get more money in with the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm ahead 50% of the time, so I don't have a value bet against one caller. Best case scenario all 3 people call, I still don't think I'm ahead 25% of the time. But as there is 18bb in the pot, I call, because I do think I'm ahead more than 6% of the time. (Also, I might have a re-draw to a house if I'm behind a flush, another reason to call.) So where is my thinking flawed?