PDA

View Full Version : OK, I am convinced you have a big hand.

DoctorDrew
04-26-2004, 09:03 PM
<font color="orange">Any advice on playing this hand differently? Too new to have any reads </font>

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls $0.37 (All-In), BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14.24 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.12 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.12 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.60 BB, between SB, UTG, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (3.60 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 15.52 BB, between UTG, MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (15.52 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3s Ad (high card, ace).
UTG shows 6c 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
MP1 shows Ks Qc (one pair, queens).
Hero shows Kc Qh (one pair, queens).
Outcome: UTG wins 19.12 BB. </font>

thirddan
04-26-2004, 09:10 PM
wow, aggressive much???

i would most likely fold this preflop...KQo against a preflop raiser isn't a great hand, i really don't like the 3bet...i would also not cap the flop...

SpaceAce
04-26-2004, 09:24 PM
First of all, don't three-bet KQo after pre-flop a raise, muck it. Second of all, on the flop you have a limper betting out who then three-bets you when you raise. You also have the pre-flop raiser mysteriously calling every bet and raise. Why in the world did you cap there? You may be ahead of the pre-flop raiser but the under the gun player is clearly telling you he is not afraid of the Queen. At a typical micro table, anyone except a maniac is going to be well ahead of your pair of Queens at this point (if you are lucky, you might be looking at a split).

SpaceAce

DoctorDrew
04-26-2004, 09:39 PM
B/C my early play at any party table is to believe no one until the turn, and it has worked pretty well usually. Plus this allows me to present myself as a LAG, which really helps later on when I tighten up and only raise with really big hands. Part of an overall strategy.

Plus, I like to see the reaction of all the ubertights here when I post this hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thirddan
04-26-2004, 09:42 PM
i think making plays for the sake of your table image is a waste as not many people are paying attention...

DoctorDrew
04-26-2004, 09:55 PM
That hand was one of my first at ~2100hrs. It is now 2150 and I am up 13BB; I contend part of that is due to the same people calling raises they would not otherwise.

MortalNuts
04-26-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm with the others on this one, Doc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm far, far from being one of the tightest players on this board, but I still think KQo is usually a pretty easy muck absent any read, when someone has raised two limpers.

and even bad players generally think twice about betting into a field of multiple players that includes a PF raiser and 3-bettor. I would raise, but not cap. you need to be aware not just of what he's told you about his hand, but what you have told him about yours.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

Shalara
04-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Without a read on the other players, I would fold preflop.

UTG is betting that flop into a pre-flop raiser and re-raiser. He's got to have something, unless he's a complete maniac. At least top pair, possibly a set. The way MP just calls after raising pre-flop, I want to put him on something like either AK or an underpair (maybe JJ or TT). I would check-call to the river because there is no way to know where you're at, and there are a lot of ways you can be beat.

bisonbison
04-27-2004, 03:52 AM
It is now 2150 and I am up 13BB; I contend part of that is due to the same people calling raises they would not otherwise.

Thank god you wasted 5 BB on this hand, since there's no way that Party micro players will call your raises with crap in any other case. In an hour you've made a 7BB profit, which would be, what, statistically impossible without your earlier play?

Here's a friendly piece of advice: advertising at micro tables is not worth the price. In the amazing case that anyone is paying attention and at your table for more than 20 minutes, you will baffle them easily enough by raising TT or KQ preflop or betting your draws.

MicroBob
04-27-2004, 04:20 AM
"you will baffle them easily enough by raising TT or KQ preflop or betting your draws. "

that the strategy i always use.
or a raise into a large field with Axs or JTs.

i am probably too loose if anything....and i think my aggressive play induces more calls because the opponents are willing to 'pay to see it' so i partly understand your logic....
but that still doesn't mean that this isn't a bad hand.

simply put, you should have folded.
and the 5BB's is definately not worth any advertising value that you can get just as easily by playing simple straight-forward solid-aggressive poker.

i don't like the 3-bet PF raise unless you have a read on the raiser.
and i the cap when your hand is unlikely to be best is just reckless.
if you REALLY want the advertising, you might as well cap all the way with 72o...think that's reckless and silly??? so is capping the betting on this flop.

chief444
04-27-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice on playing this hand differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, don't play it. Gotta agree with the others on this one Doc.

DoctorDrew
04-27-2004, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"you will baffle them easily enough by raising TT or KQ preflop or betting your draws. "

[/ QUOTE ]"

Agreed, part of the plan.

[ QUOTE ]
"that the strategy i always use.
or a raise into a large field with Axs or JTs.

[/ QUOTE ]"

Agreed

[ QUOTE ]
"i am probably too loose if anything....and i think my aggressive play induces more calls because the opponents are willing to 'pay to see it' so i partly understand your logic....

[/ QUOTE ]"

Thanks. At least you get the point.

[ QUOTE ]
"if you REALLY want the advertising, you might as well cap all the way with 72o...think that's reckless and silly???

[/ QUOTE ]

But I think I have a better chance of actually winning with this hand, than 27o.

I think you guys underestimate the observance of people in these games. If I play TAG for a few circuits, and then get AA UTG--a raise folds the field 80% of the time. OK, but not max value. Now, it also works to my advantage that I can raise with 88 UTG and the field folds. I am just trying to find some middle ground by overplaying a hand that is mediocre at best. And 3 hands later I raised against 4 people with an obvious str8 on the board, they all called and paid me off. Plus its fun to be a maniac!

kiemo
04-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Last night at 2205 I was down 3 BB. Then at 2215 I was up 13 BB. Later at 2231 I called it an evening with 7 extra BBs in my bankroll.

I think my winning session was due to some plays I made last week where I capped the river on a 5 suited heart board with J3 of clubs in order to show my 9 opponents whom I will probably never play agaisnt again that I am I crazy maniac who bets with junk!

DoctorDrew
04-27-2004, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't make that play. That seems reckless.