PDA

View Full Version : Would You Steal Blinds Here?

ThePopinjay
04-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1980)
UTG (t1025)
Hero (t1585)
Button (t2270)
SB (t1140)

Preflop: Hero K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Hero folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t450
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: t450 (t450), overbet by BB.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. BB wins t450. </font>

Looking back, this probably would have been a good place to steal. I was just afraid of the Ace.

DougBrennan
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Steal? Hellfire, ya oughta be playin' those cards, pardner.

(Too much Deadwood for me?) But I do think that 5-handed KJ is worth a play. Sure, you'd rather just win the blinds unoppossed, but I don't hate seeing a flop with it. I'd most likely fold to a raise, but I'd definitely come in for 3xBB in an unopened pot. This is a much better hand to steal with than, say, A3.

Doug

La Brujita
04-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I would push here. Stack size is too small for any raise other than all in.

blackaces13
04-27-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This [KJ] is a much better hand to steal with than, say, A3

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet A3 is a better hand HU and by raising 5-handed you can expect a HU pot if you are called. On the other hand you are less likely to be dominated with KJ. Its hard to get a feel for what hands are better to steal with than others for me, I guess simply saying, "this hand is better HU" is not enough because a lot of small pockets will call.

PrayingMantis
04-27-2004, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And yet A3 is a better hand HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not against the range of hands that will normally call your all-in. But this is somehow offset by more folds that you'll get (since you hold one of the aces), which is very important when blinds are high.