PDA

View Full Version : Most "real" hands in a single game.

RocketManJames
04-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Was just curious to hear of any stories where there was a particular hand where there were many "real" hands, resulting in a big pot.

Just this weekend, I was in a hand with JTs, the board showed: KQ496 (no flush possible)

4 hands at showdown: AA, AK, K9, JT

30BB, cha-ching.

Just wondered if anyone had seen a lot more... maybe 7 "real" hands.

-RMJ

CCass
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
I played a hande where 4 people got all-in pre-flop (two were short stacked). The 2 short stacks both had AA, I had KK, the eventual winner had QQ. The final board read as follows (don't remember suits, but no flush draw was out): flop-KQ4 turn-T river-Q. Silly me, I thought kings full would be enough to win /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrackerZack
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
hell, 46 is a real hand on that board. But wasn't on one street. K9 is crap also so unless the world pulled off the limpfest, not real sure how he saw the flop. What is a "real" hand?

RocketManJames
04-26-2004, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hell, 46 is a real hand on that board. But wasn't on one street. K9 is crap also so unless the world pulled off the limpfest, not real sure how he saw the flop. What is a "real" hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the confusion... I guess I define "real" hand to mean a hand that someone could hold such that the pot can get pumped up in a huge way legitimately (by the showdown). Sure, 46o would be a real hand, but as you said, it probably wouldn't make it to the point where it saw a showdown.

Just curious about how large pots become very large pots, and whether or not anyone was in a monster pot due to a bunch of players holding "good" cards (given what the board was showing). So, 46o would be bad, but on this board, it's OK.

-RMJ

hutz
04-26-2004, 07:26 PM
This weekend in a six-handed home game I held QQ on a QT9QJ board against 99 and JJ. All four streets were capped three ways. Mucho dinero, baby! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AZMAN
04-27-2004, 02:50 AM
UTG raises with KK, I 3-bet with 9s9d, button calls with QcTc. Flop is Kc9c9h.

Turn Jc

River: 3c (but who cares)

moondogg
04-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Craziest one I've seen was a SNG at Stars with 3 people all-in PF.
KK vs. QQ vs. JJ.
Flop: Jxx
Turn: Q
River: K

Pretty dramatic hand. Of course, I had folded AT.

G Money
04-27-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This weekend in a six-handed home game I held QQ on a QT9QJ board against 99 and JJ. All four streets were capped three ways. Mucho dinero, baby! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a hand similar but different.