PDA

View Full Version : make a Mike I style laydown??

34TheTruth34
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
This was a hand that I played in AC earlier in the month that I wanted to post but forgot about. The game is a great one, with me, 2 players trying to play well, and 7 players who pretty much played any hand for any number of bets and then pretty much just checked to see if they had anything on the turn. At that point, they might fold if they had no hand and no draw. Five- and six-way showdowns were not uncommon. The game was that good. It may have been 5/10, but I think it was something wierd like 6/12 or 9/18.

Two hands before the hand I'm going to post, the player in question (one of the two players trying to play well) had played pretty much every hand. He had only been in the game for two orbits and had seen pretty much every flop. The odd thing was that he was very cautious after the flop, hardly ever betting, never raising, and I don't even think he went to a showdown. On this hand, he had been in all the way. The pot was heads up on the river with him last to act. The first player bet and this player thought for a second and called. The first player flipped over his two pair. The player who called then flipped up his hand and showed a straight that he didn't raise with heads up on the river last to act. His hand wasn't the nuts, but it was the second best possible hand.

OK, sorry for the long ass intro. Here's my hand. I limp behind two other limpers in MP with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Flop is like 7 way for one bet.

It comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, giving me the nuts. The player in question bets out and I call anticipating the table full of players ready to give me money drawing dead. And of course, since I have the nuts, they all fold. /images/graemlins/frown.gif So, it's just me and him heads up.

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
He bets, I raise, he three-bets.

Given the little information I have on the player, who calls down, who folds, and who three-bets? Why? And how close is it? Thanks.

Roy Hobbs
04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I think you should four bet, because you have the nuts and because a fourth diamond on the end will kill the action, and if the board pairs you won't be able to raise.

RH

beerbandit
04-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Roy Hobbs
04-26-2004, 12:43 PM
I don't think you can fold here, but I don't know if you want to be the one putting in any more raises.

RH

Barry
04-26-2004, 01:14 PM
I think that he has a smaller flush, so I'm not folding here. However, since there is a decent chance that he filled up I'm not raising any more either.

JTG51
04-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I always see people call him "Mike I". Doesn't "Mike L" make a lot more sense? The guy clearly doesn't have a shift key on his keyboard, so that last initial is a lot more likley to be a lower case L than an upper case I, right?

chesspain
04-26-2004, 05:26 PM
Since you're either somewhat ahead or drawing dead, I'ld just call the three-bet, and then call on the river (assuming the board doesn't pair again).

mikelow
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
might be me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Robk
04-26-2004, 06:32 PM
Mike L. is correct. Check out his homepage.

34TheTruth34
04-28-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always see people call him "Mike I". Doesn't "Mike L" make a lot more sense? The guy clearly doesn't have a shift key on his keyboard, so that last initial is a lot more likley to be a lower case L than an upper case I, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for that. any thoughts on the hand?