PDA

View Full Version : SnG FAQ

eastbay
04-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Are there any motivated individuals out there who might want to manage a proper FAQ for this forum? I've personally answered maybe 10 instances of "should I move up?" posts, as well as a few other ones we get 3-4 times a week, and I'm sure most of the regulars have as well. This is a useless drain on time that could go into more quality posting/replying.

Anyone interested?

eastbay

t_perkin
04-27-2004, 11:06 AM
Yup I will help out. I have suggested this before and was seriously thinking about doing it, then I got really busy and had to give the idea up.

You could lower the work load by just having a big list of links to interesting posts.

The following should be in it I think:

List of acronyms
Should I move up
Difference between Party/Stars
Difference between level X and level Y
AleoMagusī how to beat 10+1
Limping with AA PF
How many buyins do I need for X level
Does anyone want to make an FAQ for this forum
What is a good ROI for SnGs
How many SnGs do I need to play to know if I am winning

Tim

eastbay
04-27-2004, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup I will help out. I have suggested this before and was seriously thinking about doing it, then I got really busy and had to give the idea up.

You could lower the work load by just having a big list of links to interesting posts.

List of acronyms
Should I move up
Limping with AA PF

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, some interest. First question: where would the page reside? I have a web server, but it doesn't have a URL that is poker related, which would be better.

eastbay

t_perkin
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
While it is being constructed I donīt think that it is too important.

I also have space that we can use temporarily.

Once it is in a vaguely useful form we can find somewhere to put it. Maybe our ever enlightened and generous hosts would be willing to lend us a few Kb.

Tim

daveymck
04-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Perhaps this could be rolled out to the other forums and held on a page on this site, cos there is so much content and turnover of people that this will save clogging up a lot of areas, and I think the site webmaster is looking at ways of saving space/bandwidth the repeat of questions must take up a big chunk of monthly posts.

As someone who started to work a bit on 1 table sng's a lot of those questions I would of liked in one easy place, there is lots of stuff to search but until you know who the good current and past posters have been its a shot in the dark to it good posts.

NotMitch
04-27-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

List of acronyms
Should I move up
Limping with AA PF

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

Also the difference between 1/2 tables SNGS

t_perkin
04-27-2004, 03:48 PM

DrPhysic
04-27-2004, 03:56 PM
How about a note on SNG games and tournaments? Here's a great bunch of guys that you can learn from who will happily kick your butt...

Doc

heyrocker
04-27-2004, 03:58 PM
Sweet sweet dead money

No wait, thats me

fishhead
04-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Good idea. I'm willing to compile it and host it since I'm probably one of the biggest benefactor of everyone's posts (given that I have limited experience). PM me with links, cut content, thoughts, topics, etc. and I'll start a website outline.

PITTM
04-27-2004, 08:39 PM
im pretty much an sng only player. I am very interested in the Alsomagus how to beat 10+1, because i play 10+1 and ive never heard of this before, any explanation? or should i just wait for the site so it wont have to be typed a million times?

Thanks!
Ryan

cferejohn
04-27-2004, 08:41 PM
It was a post (plus a ton of discussion) here maybe a week ago. You should be able to find it pretty quick if you look through AleoMagus's old posts...

elbooneb
04-28-2004, 01:35 AM
i just purchased wwww.pokerboom.com the info on the site right now is bogus...i could do a section about sit n go for sure

elbooneb
04-28-2004, 01:41 AM
Is it legit to do that? Take twoplustwo posts to use as content on my website?

Cheers

fishhead
04-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Hey all, I registered a site called www.sitandgostrategy.com (http://www.sitandgostrategy.com) and will start outlining some of our collective thoughts here. The site obviously isn't and running yet, but I should have a hosting solution soon. Please go ahead and email me any links, thoughts and ideas so that I can start putting together the content. My email address is berkmtb[R_E_M_O_V_E_THIS_PART]atYahoo.com.

Should be a fun (and hopefully informative) project! Btw, please provide source names for the information so that I can be sure to give credit where credit is due.

unfrgvn
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
This is under the terms and conditions link:

All other trademarks and copyrights appearing on the 2+2 website are owned by their respective companies. Copyrights to all posts on the 2+2 website are owned by the authors of the posts, and not by 2+2 or ConJelCo. If you want to reproduce a 2+2 website post in a publication or on another web site, please get permission from the author of the post.

el_grande
04-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Before you do this, consider that you will be educating lots of non 2+2 people, and could potentially make the games tougher. I know this has happened in some of the low-limit Party games that have become much tighter.

BTW, thanks to everyone for the 10+1 strategy guide! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Played in my first Party $10+1 SnG and won with relative ease. The players were very weak-tight at my table. When it was down to the last three they just kept giving their blinds to me. They couldn't handle the aggression. I only had to actually showdown 2 or 3 hands to get 1st place.

fishhead
04-28-2004, 04:43 PM
I think the site will be such that only 2+2ers who know where the site is located will access the info. I purposely left "poker" and "holdem" out of the URL to make it less likely for the search engines to pick it up. I think it can be used as a reference section for the most relevant posts. So guys like eastbay, Aleo, William, etc. may send people to the site if a topic has been covered in depth.

AleoMagus
04-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Remember, the discussions which follow those posts (two separate threads at least) are easily as important if not more important than the initial posts themselves.

Regards
Brad S