PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference in the 30+3 PP game?

Sandwich
04-26-2004, 10:36 AM
After doing reasonably well at the Party 10+1 SNGs, building up my bankroll a bit, I decided that I'd take a shot at the 30+3 games.

My first 30+3 game was remarkably similar to 10+1, in that there were only five players left after Round 3, and people were playing very loosely it seemed. I chose spots to double my chips twice and was patient (stealing blinds from shorter stacks occassionally) until three of us were left. Bad luck going all in with QQ and being called by TT which made its set gave me second place in my first 30+3.

So I set aside $300 plus my $57 net from my second place win to try to see how I stack up to the 30+3 competition....

Well.... after my initial success, it was a rough going. Most games were not nearly as loose in the early stages as at the 10+1 level, and I tried to play super-tight, but aggressively when I thought I had the best hand, but I managed to lose (i.e., not place in the top three) in the next TEN games in a row.

Some of my losses I chalk up to bad luck (suckouts by lucky opponents), but after so many defeats, I've decided to re-assess...

---What do you see as the major differences between PP 10+1 and 30+3?

---What strategies does one need to implement as a result of those differences?

---Was my $357 bankroll too tiny to really "test myself" as a regular 30+3 player?

(N.B. My next two games, at the 10+1 level, were both in the money (third places)).

eastbay
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

---What do you see as the major differences between PP 10+1 and 30+3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play is slightly more skilled.

[ QUOTE ]

---What strategies does one need to implement as a result of those differences?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to play better. Maybe read Aleo Magus' post about basic strategy.

[ QUOTE ]

---Was my $357 bankroll too tiny to really "test myself" as a regular 30+3 player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too small. Try 20x buy-in to start and a sample of 100-150 games. Move down if you go below 10x buy-in.

Did you forget about the 20+2 level? Might want to take one step at a time, here.

eastbay