PDA

View Full Version : 1/2PLHE(Live) Blind Play Question

Rob Blackburn
04-26-2004, 03:49 AM
I play in a 1/2PLHE game a few nights a week I consider the game weak/tight overall, most of the regulars are pretty easy to put on a hand and make a quick decision to get out or stay, save one who plays almost every hand and is liable to show you any two cards under the sun.

I often fold on the small blind, as well I will also fold in either blind if there is a $5 straddle(3-4 semi-regulars will post this quite often when they are in the game).

Now my question should I be calling the $1 or straddle everytime or more often if I have a even remotely playable hand? Just to see the flop and see if it hits me hard or is that just pissing money away?

I was assuming the latter but after playing three nights in a row for very long sessions I wonder if I am wrong.

ML4L
04-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Hey Rob,

Quick thoughts...

If you play much better than your opponents postflop, I'd be completing my SB fairly often. You give up some equity before the flop to make it back after the flop. I'd be more inclined to complete with hands such as 87o than A7o. This is most appropriate when the stacks are deep and/or you have good control over your opponents.

That isn't much to go on, but I'm in a rush. Hopefully others can give input as well.

ML4L