PDA

View Full Version : over under representing.

slavic
04-26-2004, 02:33 AM
Really good pre tournament 10/20 game. First few rounds on a sunday morning, most of the players are regulars who I know decently well.

I've just been snapped by QJo that called 3 bets cold preflop. Now I'm not complaining it happens and frankly I can't ever say that I don't want QJo calling 3 bets any time I 3 bet. However let's just say it was noticed.

The next hand I'm in EMP and I get 2 red aces. Yea, tell me life isn't good. There are 2 folds to me and a quick scan left show 3 or 4 more muckers in wait so I limp. Well they all muck to the button who calls. He's a bit weak and maybe a little loose in his play. Very ABC post flop, misses bets all over the place but also doesn't get himself into a ton of trouble. The SB mucks and the BB is a tricky payer who is aggressive, he bets position near 100% of the time, jumps all over weakness and does think quite heavily about what you have. The BB raises. Since I limped I pop it up and our ABC player folds. The BB calls.

Flop Q 2 2 r

BB checks, I check

Turn 3 Q 2 2

BB bets, I raise, BB 3bets, I cap, BB calls

River

J 3 Q 2 2

Check, bet, call

So is the turn cap a little over the top? As I was putting it in I was wondering if I was letting him off cheap, or costing me more.

sthief09
04-26-2004, 02:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you're not capping the turn there, you're doing something wrong.

umdpoker
04-26-2004, 04:41 AM
hmm....i am starting to understand exactly how weak tight i am. i would raise turn, but not cap it. just imagine how bad i was before i found this forum!

sthief09
04-26-2004, 05:00 AM
He checked the flop to make it seem like he didn't have a strong hand. So when he gets action on the turn, he damn well better cap it.

chesspain
04-26-2004, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn 3 Q 2 2
BB bets, I raise, BB 3bets, I cap, BB calls
So is the turn cap a little over the top?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you think he would raise from the BB with a 2 in his hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bob T.
04-26-2004, 08:48 AM
So is the turn cap a little over the top? As I was putting it in I was wondering if I was letting him off cheap, or costing me more.

I like the turn cap, the only real hand you are behind at that point is QQ, and if he has that, you are just going to have to lose a couple more bets.

Preflop, given that I was just triple coldcalled with QJo, I might have raised anyway, or I might have smoothcalled the BBs raise in a three way pot. But, your limp-reraise got just as much money in there as calling would, with one fewer opponent, and you also maximized the amount of money in the pot postflop. Nice hand.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.