PDA

View Full Version : How can you not cap every street?

illunious
04-26-2004, 02:14 AM
I don't have the hand history. Very tight table, everyone is waiting for a hand to play against these two:

BB is a 4-street maniac, Q high is his usual showdown hand.. sometimes the Q is on the board.

UTG is doing a good job isolating him, but overplays his hands with others in the pot.

The other 7 players seem to have no idea what is going on and fold postflop way too much.

I am UTG+1 with AKo.

UTG raises, I call, 2 MP players call, BB raises, UTG caps, I call, the rest call.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, I 3 bet, 2 folds and BB caps.

Turn T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, UTG raises, I 3 bet, UTG caps.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, UTG calls, I raise, BB 3 bets, UTG calls, I cap.

Standard.... right?

thirddan
04-26-2004, 02:23 AM
3bet preflop...your hand is most likely better than UTG since you say he has been isolating so his raising standards are probably lower than normal...

illunious
04-26-2004, 02:26 AM
I should have mentioned, I had no doubt it would come back to me capped preflop. I was prepared to 3 bet just about any flop.

B Dids
04-26-2004, 02:33 AM
What whould you have done if you don't turn your straight?

If I'm trying to isolate a maniac, I think I fold this flop and wait for a time when I can get heads up.

How will are most folks to chase the gutshot to the broadway straight?

illunious
04-26-2004, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares about straights, I had the nut kickers /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, I had two overcards in addition to the inside straight draw .

bakku
04-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Seems someone else overplayed their hand too.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if you won this hand, but I don't like how you played it either.

illunious
04-26-2004, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to see the river and showdown cheap.

B Dids
04-26-2004, 02:54 AM
Honestly your line of thinking here seems like you're playing back at the maniac. If you're determined to see showdown, even in you're unimproved then I really don't like your play.

illunious
04-26-2004, 03:02 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I wouldn't fold AK to the maniac ever.

If I missed (didn't get an A, K or T on the turn), What UTG choose to do on the turn would decide it. I'd call if he called, fold if he raised, and raise if he folded.

B Dids
04-26-2004, 03:04 AM
If it was heads up, I think your play is great. It's UTG who would worry me. Although you know better than I do as to what types of hands he was isolating with.

illunious
04-26-2004, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's UTG who would worry me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. He was my main concern throughout the hand.

But after the turn cap, then river calls , I gave myself good odds on winning it.