PDA

View Full Version : Borgata 20-40: "playing in loose games"

Riverman
04-26-2004, 02:12 AM
I think this is a really interesting hand from this weekend's Borgata 20-40. I'm in the cutoff with JJ. Loosey #1 and #2 call in EP, another terrible player calls in MP, I raise, button (only other good player in the game) 3-bets. Both blinds come along, all limpers call, and I say "let me represent a real big hand" and cap. The good playr to my left responds with "oh no." 7 players for cap.

A word on the EP players. They are loose but not stupid, and play decently aftr the flop. Just wealthy guys who really dont care that much about the money. This is the type of game where they are laughing it up, ordering drinks, etc. Come to think of it, this is how little I wish I cared about the money. Anyway...

Flop comes 8 7 2 with 2 hearts. Checked to me and I decide I am going to do the HPFAP thing and check behind so I can raise the turn and knock out the field. That plan fails when the button bets. Everyone calls including me.

Turn is the 5h for a board of 8 7 5 2 with two hearts and two diamonds. Checked to me and I bet hoping the button will raise. His "oh no" was genuine, so I dont give him KK or AA (I play with him alot and he never acts with comments like that). Even if I'm behind I dont really care about 1 more bet at this point.

Anyway, he raises and everyone folds back to me. I call. River is a black 9 for a final board of 9 8 7 5 2. I check with the intention of calling.

Comments?

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
. They are loose but not stupid, and play decently aftr the flop. Just wealthy guys who really dont care that much about the money....

.... Checked to me and I decide I am going to do the HPFAP thing and check behind so I can raise the turn and knock out the field. That plan fails when the button bets. Everyone calls including me.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you expect to recoup the VALUE you lose on the flop by checking when his "uh oh" was genuine. do you expect him to RAISE the turn given that action (i assume you meant with 20odd sb's in the pot on the flop you wanted to check and then bet into him so HE can raise on the turn).

i bet the flop here in THAT spot all the time.
-Barron

CrackerZack
04-26-2004, 08:19 AM
PF was played alright. I'd call on the river too.