PDA

View Full Version : Crackerzack & Dcifrths = great party game! 2 hands from it.

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 12:10 AM
crackerzack and i were in a great party 15/30 game for about 4 hours last night (Zeejustin even graced us with his presence...it was THAT good of a game!)

i'm in the 8 seat and cracker's accross with the action players all on his side. loose player who is also aggressive and pretty easy to read raises UTG+1 (UTG1). one cold caller, i 3bet, UTG1 caps.

Flop: K84 rb. i check, he bets, i raise, he takes a second and calls.

turn: Ax. i bet he folds.

_________________________________--
hand 2:
i have A4o in sb. all fold to 3off button who limps, loose player calls on the button, i complete and relatively tight and decent player checks his bb.

Kh8x2h flops all check.

Ad on turn i check(?) first limper bets button folds i call, bb folds.

Js on river i check and call.

comments on both hands please.
-Barron

bicyclekick
04-26-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
crackerzack and i were in a great party 15/30 game for about 4 hours last night (Zeejustin even graced us with his presence...it was THAT good of a game!)

i'm in the 8 seat and cracker's accross with the action players all on his side. loose player who is also aggressive and pretty easy to read raises UTG+1 (UTG1). one cold caller, i 3bet, UTG1 caps.

Flop: K84 rb. i check, he bets, i raise, he takes a second and calls.

turn: Ax. i bet he folds.

_________________________________--
hand 2:
i have A4o in sb. all fold to 3off button who limps, loose player calls on the button, i complete and relatively tight and decent player checks his bb.

Kh8x2h flops all check.

Ad on turn i check(?) first limper bets button folds i call, bb folds.

Js on river i check and call.

comments on both hands please.
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't write your hand in hand 1 so i can't comment on that.

hand 2 if you woulda folded the turn woulda been fine, too. but since you check/called and were the only one I'd really think about betting the river. It'd be a semi-tough one to play if he raised, though, so maybe check/calling is a better option.

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 01:47 AM

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 01:50 AM
thanks for the correction of my idiotic non-posting of my hand in hand1. i had jj and will explain my play later.

hand 2: i didn't bet the river for precisely that reason. i didn't want to have to call the raise back to see his cards when i can if he bets with a call for the same price. what about the turn check and plan to check-call?
-Barron

CrackerZack
04-26-2004, 08:16 AM
We talked about hand 2 (not in the table chat) after it happened. I mentioned I liked the line, but due to the flush draw and the fishy-ness of betting the turn, I think betting the turn is a better line. Its unlikely the turn will be checked through here also.

It was a great game, you won this round /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 12:49 PM
in hand one though...that move i pulled with JJ to get (most likely) QQ to fold...i still feel it was a bit much and come to think of it just wrong and here's why. you remember the guy two to your right. well did you ever see him cap with aa or kk? no, because he wanted to decieve heads up. in fact, as i replayed our session, i never even remember a cap with AK.

so what where his possible hands? QQ JJ, TT, but i bet you DO remember him CAPPING with 22. and since he'll CAP with 22, i think i got him to fold a WORSE hand. not a BETTER one. when i checked, and he bet, i think i should have called and then again, check called the turn and the river as if he had qq i was done already, but he'd likely bet tt-22 the whole way as he proved earlier.

it doesn't take a mathematician to realize there are FAR more pairs i'm ahead of here than pairs to which i'm behind. so i won 1 big bet post flop from him on the flop. even after the c-r if i checked i think he'd bet the worse pair there.

its only after this thinking i realize against HIM i should have check called the whole way. or c-r, c-c, c-c. but if i c-r the flop, its unlikely he'll bet the river if i c-c the turn so i like the triple c-c here.

what say you man..SPEAK up /images/graemlins/wink.gif
-Barron

J.A.Sucker
04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
If the game was so good, does that mean that the69_maniac was in the game? That guy is something else, even for party.