PDA

View Full Version : Taking the AQ test post flop...tough flop decision $10-$20

Mike Gallo
04-25-2004, 10:17 PM
I had the following hand today at a very good $10-$20 game at the Borgata this afternoon.

Two early position limpers to me and I raise in middle position with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif we lose the blinds and the original two limpers call.

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

First player bets next player raises and it gets folded back to me. What should I do.

A little info on player one. She plays very aggressively and very unorthodox. She could have AK she could have KQ she could have two clubs.

Some info on player two. He demonstrated a problem with premature ejaculation. I observed him raising with his monster hands on the flop instead of waiting until the turn. He very possible could have a hand like J 10 suited but not clubs.

Given that information three bet or fold? Would anyone call?

More thoughts results later.

Riverman
04-25-2004, 10:54 PM
In this game you are behind by a TON most of the time in this situation. You dont have many outs and you have no clubs. Let it go.

Nightwish
04-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Seems like a clear fold to me. EP1 is betting into a preflop raiser, and EP2 is raising in front of a preflop raiser. I don't think either of them has AQ but it's quite possible EP2 has KQ. Save your money.

ActionBob
04-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Is this decision really all that tough? Looks like a pretty routine fold to me.

-ActionBob

bicyclekick
04-26-2004, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

I can count the number of times on one hand games where not folding this one would be correct. I may even fold this to a couple maniacs, knowing i'm not gonna see the showdown cheaply.

bicyclekick
04-26-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]

I can count the number of times on one hand games where not folding this one would be correct. I may even fold this to a couple maniacs, knowing i'm not gonna see the showdown cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied to you. I can't think of any game where I'd keep playing.

are you kidding with this one?

Diplomat
04-26-2004, 02:46 AM
Dude, c'mon.

-Diplomat

GuyOnTilt
04-26-2004, 03:00 AM
tough flop decision

Uhhh...I hope I can guess the results of this one.

GoT

AJo Go All In
04-26-2004, 03:12 AM
umm. what?

bernie
04-26-2004, 03:34 AM
Sorry. Even after typing it in the response title it just seems too obvious what to do. This has to be a joke post, right? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My fav line
[ QUOTE ]
He very possible could have a hand like J 10 suited but not clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do the clubs even matter at that point?

b

Mike Gallo
04-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Glad to see folding does not make me weak tight.

I folded without much thought.

When all of the dust settled, player one had K 9 for a flopped two pair and player two had J 10 for a flopped straight.

I thought I would get flamed for folding, not for questioning the fold.

Thanks again for the positive reinforcement.

Joe Tall
04-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Forget it Mike,

If you even have outs they are very likely unclean.

Peace,
Joe Tall