PDA

View Full Version : Maniac? Gets Lucky.

B Dids
04-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Any explanations for the play here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Dids posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, Dids (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Dids calls.

River: (13.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Dids calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Tc Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Dids shows 9h Qh (two pair, queens and nines).
Outcome: BB wins 15.75 BB. </font>

sublime
04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Yes, he inhales chemicals on a regular basis.

Dids, can I make a observation/suggestion?

I dont like posting money unless I have to ever, just wait for the BB.

I wonder what others have to say about this, but I imagine you can save yourself some serious money long term by just waiting.

B Dids
04-25-2004, 10:50 PM
I know it's -EV, but when I want to play, I want to play. I try not to post too early, but I'll do it.

thirddan
04-25-2004, 11:41 PM
i think you played it ok...

btw, i only post in the CO/BB, if i miss the CO i will wait...

Ralph Wiggum
04-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Just wanted to say I have the same posting standards: CO/Button, otherwise wait for the BB.

Yeah, he's maniacal and you're lucky to play with him.

B Dids
04-25-2004, 11:50 PM
That's what I was thinking. At that table there was that guy- and somebody who called pre-flop raises with 43o and 53o. I kept waiting to take money off of them and didn't (in face the second guy won like 20 bucks while I waited to get a hand).

bisonbison
04-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Dids, you're paying .5 BB for three hands, basically twice as much as you'd be paying if you posted in the CO, and 2.5 as much as you'd pay if you waited for the BB. And those three are from the least profitable non-blind positions on the board. Not good.

Use the time to observe your opponents and figure out if the table's good.

The fact that you multitable makes this even less wise.

illunious
04-26-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I was thinking. At that table there was that guy- and somebody who called pre-flop raises with 43o and 53o. I kept waiting to take money off of them and didn't (in face the second guy won like 20 bucks while I waited to get a hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

This info would be useful in judging the hand. Was the BB "that guy"? I didn't see the results yet. I think you may have played this hand fine against someone you thought would checkraise the turn with less than Q9.

B Dids
04-26-2004, 02:02 AM
The BB wasn't the same guy with the loose preflop calling standards. Two differnt players at the same table.

Bison- your point is well made, I think I will make an effort to avoid posting.