PDA

View Full Version : Party 15/30, 66 in the BB

ZeeJustin
04-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ZeeJustin is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, ZeeJustin calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, ZeeJustin checks, UTG bets, Button calls, SB folds, ZeeJustin raises, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
ZeeJustin bets, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
ZeeJustin bets

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG calls, Button calls.
Final Pot: 13 BB
ZeeJustin shows 6h 6c (full house, tens full of sixes).
UTG shows As Kh (three of a kind, tens).
Button shows Ac 4h (full house, tens full of fours).
Outcome: ZeeJustin wins 13 BB. </font>

Vehn
04-25-2004, 09:07 PM
?

AJo Go All In
04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
what's your question? yawn

James282
04-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Seems like it is superior to bet out and let the UTG clear the field with a raise.
-James

Nightwish
04-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Why did you bet the river? It looks like UTG has A high, but what does the button have? I think the river bet is -EV.

Garland
04-26-2004, 12:34 AM
UTG didn't have an overpair. Even if he did, there's no guarantee he'll raise. The question is, what's the likelihood someone will bet out this flop?

Garland

Garland
04-26-2004, 12:36 AM
River bet was very +EV. Someone might think AK high is good with this board will call, and someone who caught a smaller full house also calls. This is a clear value bet.

Garland

Nightwish
04-26-2004, 12:44 AM
You say someone might have a smaller full house. Do you think the button would have called two cold preflop with 22, 33, 55, or a hand that has a 4? It turned out that he's a major fish and he did call 2 cold with A4, but is that really what you expected before reading the results? I'm much more inclined to check and induce a bluff.

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 12:45 AM
nh. this is my standard line in that spot with that action on party.

you'll be called by many worse hands, mostly overs and need to charge them. the check isn't bad b/c you KNOW the pf raiser will bet his overcards. and you likely have the best hand.

good one.
-Barron

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm much more inclined to check and induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. there's way too much value on that river. an 8 is unlikely to be in either hands. a high will call but NOT bet if checked to given the action and a bluffing hand here won't bluff 2 people.
-Barron

DcifrThs
04-26-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG didn't have an overpair. Even if he did, there's no guarantee he'll raise. The question is, what's the likelihood someone will bet out this flop?

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its almost certain utg will bet the flop. this is a very standard party hand in my book.
-Barron