PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Charity Club

thomastem
04-25-2004, 08:15 PM
For those that live in the Chicago area the Rockford Charity Club is a "moving" B & M that plays at different locations 1-2 times per week. Locations range anywhere from Chicago to Rockford.

I've been going for a couple months and it has fairly good action.

When I play online I have a buddy that I often play with and afterwards we review each others play. It has strengthened both of our online games.

Make no mistake I'm not talking about cheating. Also there is no mercy at the table.

If someone is intersted in trying out or is already going to Rockford Charity and is interested in in working on their game afterwards PM me.

I play the 2-5 limit and occassional 1 tabler sng.

z32fanatic
04-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Are the games there pretty soft? I'm probably going to go next weekend. What games are the easiest?

thomastem
04-26-2004, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are the games there pretty soft? I'm probably going to go next weekend. What games are the easiest?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the 2-5 and typically soft. Always a calling station or 2 etc. 1-3 Is the lowest limit and they have a good number of all 10 seeing the flop.

One thing to remember this is not structure but spread limits. You can bet/raise anywhere from $2-$5 all rounds.

Do you plan on going Sat or Sun?

drewjustdrew
04-27-2004, 02:16 PM
The higher limits are structured. They have 5-10 and 10-20 usually. A long time ago, they had play-overs for people wishing to play 30-60. Didn't see it last time I was there a couple months ago. Higher limit games are not super soft, but not difficult either. Tournaments are luck oriented with doubling of blinds every 15 minutes.