PDA

View Full Version : I need help! - Poker Tracker Stats for 12K hands

Jesse Kidd
04-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker, but I'd like to start participating in the discussions here. I recently hit 12,000 hands since I purchased Poker Tracker, and would love some feedback on how I can improve my play. I know I fall into the weak/tight category, and am a complete weenie preflop, but I'm trying to get out of this shell.

Stats are for 70% $.50/$1.00, and 30% $1.00/$2.00 tables, all at Party.

Total Hands: 13,444
Vol. Put into Pot: 18.70
Vol Put into from SB: 40.69
Folded SB to Steal: 78.95
Folded BB to Steal: 73.33
Att to Steal Blinds: 7.55
Won Money When Seeing Flop: 25.13
BB/100 Hands: 5.61
Went to Showdown: 26.69
Won Money at Showdown: 60.71
PF raise: 2.99
Saw Flop all hands: 25.75%
Total Rake: Way more than I ever would realize otherwise

Ok, I know the Preflop raise % is horrible, and the folding to steals seems really high. I used to defend my blinds more strongly, but quickly discovered that people don't really try to "steal" often at these levels, and the hands they are raising on the button usually were legitimate raising hands. So, I'm not sure what to do there. I preflop raise the obvious hands, (JJ/AA, AK, and AQ mid to late), but am a total wuss with just about anything else. I'll raise with medium-high pocket pairs (88+) if I think I can get it down to one or two players, but that is rare. Also, I am only winning about 44% of my sessions, but my bb/100 doesn't seem too poor. Is this reflective of not playing for long enough periods? I do tend to play for 20 minutes here and there sometimes, and this may be a leak.

Where do I go from here? I feel like I'm doing ok at the $.50/$1.00 level, but I think it is more as a result of the bad play around me than anything I've done. Anyone have any advice? I'd be happy to provide any additional stats you may think will help.

Jesse

Nak
04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
What is your agression factor? Or did I miss it.

Nak

Jesse Kidd
04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Nak, I forgot to include it. It's pretty ugly:

Preflop: 0.16
Flop: 0.95
Turn: 1.86
River: 1.86

Jesse

jmark
04-25-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I preflop raise the obvious hands, (JJ/AA, AK, and AQ mid to late), but am a total wuss with just about anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should add TT and KQs to your definite raising hands, and depending on position, etc. hands like AJs and KQo.

Other hands like AQo UTG and ATs LP I never know when to raise, I keep meaning to figure that out.

I don't know what my fold to steal% is off the top of my head, but if you know that they're only raising with big hands on the button then that seems fine. Though if it always folds around to the button then you should switch tables.

5.6/100 very nice. About $1000 after 13k hands? Time to buy a nice TV!

PS I sometimes play for only 20 minutes at a time also. I can't see why that's a leak unless you're posting UTG and leaving on the button.

siccjay
04-25-2004, 09:26 PM
I seem to have better luck when I sit down for less than an hour.

illunious
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently hit 12,000 hands since I purchased Poker Tracker, and would love some feedback on how I can improve my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stats are pretty normal.

From your BB/100, you seem to be doing above average. Your PFR is low, but you will learn to become comfortable raising many more hands preflop, especially when you move up the limits and games become tighter.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I'm doing ok at the $.50/$1.00 level, but I think it is more as a result of the bad play around me than anything I've done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad play by your opponents is what makes you a winning player. This is true at all limits.

bisonbison
04-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Everything but the raising looks pretty normal. Weak-tight preflop is enough to win at .5/1, but you're probably missing a lot of raising opportunities. Against people who play any ace, you should be raising AQo, AQs, AJo, AJo and ATs from most all positions outside of the blinds. You should also consider adding KQs from most positions and KQo from many places.

MicroBob
04-26-2004, 12:56 AM
don't worry about the percentage of losing session too much.

my situaton isn't as relevant at .50/1 but i'll share anyway.

for me, i leave if i recognize a bunch of rocks and think the table has gone tight.
i stay if the table is ultra-loose.

so i might build up a 40BB win over a few hours at a loose table with my favorite fish.....while leaving more quickly if it seems very tight at another table. this means i might lose 2 or 3 BB's over a couple of orbits.

obviously i will stay at a fishy table even if i'm down and have been getting some bad-beats....and i will sometimes leave while i'm up a little bit if the table is tight....
but these situations don't happen as much as the previous scenario.

basically, once i find a fishy table, i'm there to stay, and am more likely to be a winner over that longer, single session.

there is nothing wrong with playing shorter sessions as long as you play out the full orbit.

illunious
04-26-2004, 01:07 AM
MicroBob has a very good point. I've found myself (down) on the same table for 3+ hours simply because it is so juicy. I will also leave many tables in a single orbit if I don't like it.