PDA

View Full Version : The hand that could have blown it

codewarrior
04-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Same tournament as my previous two posts. In hindsight, I think I played the hand poorly. OTOH, in a 3-way situation this late, i thought being clever might allow me to score big. Mean Old dude obviously thought the same...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB <font color="purple">(twitchy small stack)</font> (t1290)
Hero (t21470)
Button <font color="purple">(Mean Old Dude)</font> (t4240)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button <font color="purple">(Mean Old Dude)</font> calls t600, SB <font color="purple">(twitchy small stack)</font> folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (t1300) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Mean Old Dude bets t600</font>, Hero calls t600.

Turn: (t2500) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Mean Old Dude bets t600</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, <font color="CC3333">Mean Old Dude raises to t2990</font>, Hero calls t1190.

River: (t8480) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>

Final Pot: t8480
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: t8480 (t8480), between Hero and Mean Old Dude.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Mean Old Dude (t8480).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Jd 5h (two pair, jacks and fives).
Mean Old Dude shows As Ah (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Mean Old Dude wins t8480. </font>

Jsb
04-25-2004, 05:05 PM
long time lurker, first time poster. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i don't see why you played this incorrectly. if you had bet the flop, he certainly wasn't going to fold. as far as he was concerned, he had the best hand. it sucks that you got pulled in on the turn, but judging by how you talk about this guy, it is perfectly reasonable to think that he was holding an A with a high kicker or something. you both made the same slowplay move, and he just got lucky with it. it happens.

codewarrior
04-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I thought so, too. But after I caught him bluffing a couple times, he shifted gears and I figured it was a metter of time before he laid a trap - which he did. Fortunately I had him way covered, and there was no way I was letting go of 2 pair heads up. Now - what if there had been four people left instead of two, hypothetically?

Jsb
04-25-2004, 06:38 PM
four in the hand? well, for me, if i flop two low pair, four people in, theres no slow playing it. even the chance of that free card coming is bad. i bet decently large, hopefully enough to kick out the river rats, and small enough to keep in the suckers. or the people with single pair or whatever. and if somebody raises, i get very wary. i bet decently large to test the waters.
but if there were that many people in, its quite probable that MOLD would have not just limped his rockets PF, and i'd have folded J5 to any raise.

codewarrior
04-25-2004, 06:57 PM