PDA

View Full Version : J-T Sooted flop play question

Acesover8s
04-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Very good live 10-20 game. I know its good because I am the sober one.

6 limpers to me in the BB with JsTs. I thought of raising, but just checked my option. What do you guys think?

Ok, flop comes Jh4s6s. The small blind, who is loose/passive and his bets mean something, leads out. He is fairly observant and respects my play. Raise or call and why?

cosmo kramer
04-25-2004, 02:04 PM
I call. If his bets mean something, your hand is probably no good as is, so might as well try to get some extra money in the pot with your flush draw. If it's raised behind, I'd reraise if there are a few callers.

Garland
04-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi Acesover8s,

With 6 players and SB firing out, it's almost assured that SB has a good J or an even better hand. I'd call trying to get as many customers as possible playing this as a strong draw. I would call this down unless you get information in front of you which indicates that your hand isn't good. If a 10 or J falls on the turn or river, I would go for overcalls if there's 2 or more people ahead of you. If a spade falls on the turn, raise to charge A, K or Q spade draws. If a spade falls on the river, it's your discretion to raise or go for overcalls (obviously bet if checked to). At least that would be my plan. Too bad you don't have ideal position, huh?

Also on the flop, if there is a raise and reraise and several players still in, I would cap it for flush value as well as deceptive purposes.

Garland

SossMan
04-25-2004, 03:53 PM
If it's that good of a game, you think one little flop raise is gonna drive everyone out?
I would raise because he either has the best hand or the best draw, and they are gonna call anyway because, well, calling is more fun when you're drunk.

James282
04-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Raise to get more money in the pot.
-James

Steve Giufre
04-25-2004, 06:13 PM
I dont think it matters much how you play this one, both calling and raising look fine to me. Considering your description of the SB, calling probably looks better. Depending on who calls behind you, I would raise a lot of cards on the turn agaist this oppenent. Since I assume you are planning on calling this one down anyway, I would raise him on the turn and plan on checking behind on the river if you dont imporve. Since you described him as weak/passive post flop, and he respects your play, I bet you have a decent chane of getting him to lay down a hand like QJ or KJ.