PDA

View Full Version : I made the money in the 200K but did i blow it at the end?

Crispyk
04-25-2004, 10:21 AM
This is the 3rd time i've played in the 200K for 10 bucks! First two times i bombed out pretty early in the tourney, But i got off to a great start. I made it into the money There were 95 players left. I had 4800 and the blinds were 500-1000 I had pocket 8's utg. ANd i pushed. I didn't give it to much thought at the time, thinking that i really needed to double up and pocket pairs were my best chance at it. Also i had been getting a bad run so i may have been tilting just a bit too. Anyways back to the hand.. It folded around to the big blind who completed the extra 3800, he had around 18,000. He shows AQ and rivers a Q for the win. I didn't think it was a bad play at the time considering i was a low stack. yet now that i think about it folding was the definite right answer. 5 more places to jump from $375 to $500, I'm sure i would have made it just by sitting out 1 more rotation. Although i know that i would not probably have made it much further off of my 3500 stack.. I think my thinking was that the 8's were my best chance to stay in the tournament maybe hit the real paydays. Any thoughts?

Tosh
04-25-2004, 11:51 AM
I think its the right play. You're short stacked and you'd take a coin flip. Unfortunately you lost this one.

Legend27
04-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I think it was the right thing to do. You were about to lose 1/3 of your stack to the blinds and you needed to double up so I don't see how you could have done any thing else.

SossMan
04-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Fairly routine push given stack size / blinds / position. The only other option would be folding, and that's pretty weak tight, given the situation. By the time the blinds come, you will have lost a good portion of your stack, and it will be harder to steal with the smaller stack. Push now.