PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand, how' would you play it?

FletchJr.
04-25-2004, 04:05 AM
As u can see it's getting very late in the tourney, my opponents are still gambling a lot but they just won't die!
I've been avoiding some hands for a while and decide to play this one.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

Button (t3630)
SB (t250)
Hero (t1370)
UTG (t2750)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG raises to t400, Button calls t400, SB calls t150 (All-In), Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t1450) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t1450) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets t200, Button folds, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1850) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: t1850

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows As 8d (one pair, eights).
Hero shows Th Ah (high card, ace).
UTG shows 9h Kh (high card, king).
Outcome: SB wins t1000. Hero wins t850. </font>

Who here doesn't even play the hand?
who goes all in on a semibluff on the flop or teh turn?
and why? thanks ahead.

cianosheehan
04-25-2004, 09:00 AM
I think it would've been worth making some kind of bet on the flop. Chances are UTG didnt have a queen, and if you were re-raised at least you'd have some idea. Plainly speaking, giving action on the turn would mean you were on the draw, and so for the rivers dead card (beside unlikely straight), UTG had ample oppurtunity to put in a big raise. Then again, I dont know what impression he had of you (slow playing etc.).
I probably would have bet flop, and bet or push all in on turn.
Your opponent probably put you on Ace x, but didnt want to risk his high king on river, in case you had some kind of hand.
Would have been nice if a heart came out!
gl

Pitcher
04-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi FletcherJr,

I would have played this quite differentl pre-flop. A-10 4 handed with a bunch of loose players is pretty strong. I would definitely have re-raised pre-flop (probably to T600) and moved in on the flop if it hit or was non-threatening. I know that is pretty aggressive, but from your post, you gave no indication these players were tight (even on the bubble) or that they wouldn't raise with A or K no kicker. Put them to the test!

Pitcher

FletchJr.
04-25-2004, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with T, A.
UTG raises to t400, Button calls t400, SB calls t150 (All-In) , Hero calls t200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this fact change ur aggression during the hand, considering u actually only have ace high and could quite easily miss all your draws.

Pitcher
04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi Fletchjr,

Actually, it would make me more aggressive because once I decide to call, the chips for the all in are gone if I lose to that player. I now want to build a side pot because I am assuming that I will be called from UTG. My guess is that that player will not be able to call the flop if I move in and now I have captured the additional chips they put in pre-flop.

Pitcher