PDA

View Full Version : Fold on the river?

ThePimpulator
04-25-2004, 02:29 AM
Did I waste a BB on the river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

Nottom
04-25-2004, 02:38 AM
You can beat a bluff. Will he bluff the river more than one time in 9?

ThePimpulator
04-25-2004, 03:11 AM
So you are saying if the pot is giving greater odds than the chance of him bluffing, I call. Which I understand. So in the case of not having any idea on how my opponents play, as here, does that make it pure guess work?

Edit: In which case I would probably just call if I didnt know the opponent. People dont seem to be adverse to making a little play on the river every now and then at this level. Unless they see me as a target for this kind of play.

Nottom
04-25-2004, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So in the case of not having any idea on how my opponents play, as here, does that make it pure guess work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically. Against an unknown, I'll probably just go ahead and call out of sheer curiousity to see what he could have. The odds are likely close enough that you are approaching bluff range especially with the scary board, so the information gained might be valueable enough to offset the smallish -EV of the actual call.

ThePimpulator
04-25-2004, 03:45 AM
All makes sense. Thanks. He had 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif BTW. Didnt expect that. Should he have been betting/raising on the turn or was it reasonable of him to fear a 4 and better kicker?

bisonbison
04-25-2004, 04:07 AM
MP1 should fold preflop. His flop bet was good. If he thinks you're the type to raise and then check the turn, he should 3-bet the flop, otherwise check-raise the turn and, of course, bet the river.

ThePimpulator
04-25-2004, 04:28 AM
Was it OK for me to raise the flop?

Trix
04-25-2004, 04:31 AM
If bets draws like overcards, OESDs.
Against some you will have a fold.