PDA

View Full Version : Should Minorites and Women recieve reduced rake?

PuppetMaster
04-25-2004, 01:08 AM
As many people are aware, our country has a policy known as affirmitive action. It is a procedure to help out those who's race or sex hinders their ability to make a life for themselves. Statistics show that whites are generally wealthy or more intelligent then their fellow americans, it is because of this, and the discrimination of minorities, that has spawned afirmitive action.

Now, as many commenters have acknowledged there is a lack of women and blacks in the cardroom, and a lack of playing ability. One can easily watch the WPT and notice that the best players, and majority of players are white males. What I am proposing, to help get minorites and women into the cardrooms is reduced rake. They would get back a fixed amount each hour they remain at the table. I believe this would spread the popularity of the game, while at the same time giving blacks and women a chance to play without losing their sneaker or lipstick money.

Opinions?

jdl22
04-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Three things.

1. Stop trolling.
2. What you are describing is not affirmative action. It's simple economics. It's the same reason that movie theaters offer student and senior discounts. If they thought that lowering the rake for some group of people would mean higher profits they would be interested.
3. If you are against affirmative action which your ridiculous post seems to imply you're making the wrong (bad) joke. You should say something like "shouldn't the government make it mandatory that there be at least 4 women, and 2 black people at every table." While that doesn't accurately portray affirmative action either at least it is more in line with the stereotype since nobody accuses affirmative action programs of offering discounts to minorities.

Losing all
04-25-2004, 01:28 AM
congrats, you've out assanine'd yourself. sneaker money, for shame.

PuppetMaster
04-25-2004, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Three things.

1. Stop trolling.
2. What you are describing is not affirmative action. It's simple economics. It's the same reason that movie theaters offer student and senior discounts. If they thought that lowering the rake for some group of people would mean higher profits they would be interested.
3. If you are against affirmative action which your ridiculous post seems to imply you're making the wrong (bad) joke. You should say something like "shouldn't the government make it mandatory that there be at least 4 women, and 2 black people at every table." While that doesn't accurately portray affirmative action either at least it is more in line with the stereotype since nobody accuses affirmative action programs of offering discounts to minorities.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sir,
You seem to be fixated with the idea that only blacks and women are discriminted against. This couldnt be more furthor from the truth. Please, put aside your racsism and answer me this: Have you ever seen a taco-tosser at your cardroom. And if the answer is nno, explain why.

benfranklin
04-25-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What I am proposing, to help get minorites and women into the cardrooms is reduced rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would these minorities include the mentally defective, such as yourself?

Mat Sklansky
04-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Blatant bigotry and the clear desire to offend is the reason puppetmaster is now barred

Mike Gallo
04-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Blatant bigotry and the clear desire to offend is the reason puppetmaster is now barred

Thank you Mat.

CrackerZack
04-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Can we confirm that he was indeed Redhotman or HoldenCaul? I set the line, and need to know who to pay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and thanks.

EWillers
04-26-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blatant bigotry

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sold on the notion that the post in question (i'm assuming that it is this post that has the offending language) contains "bigotry". But I am nearly certain that if it does, it contains some type of covert or shrowded bigotry, not blatant.