PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 Foxwoods vs maniac and LAP

anduril
04-25-2004, 12:59 AM
excellent table if the poker gods smile upon your cards. Maniac didn't even care if he won, just "wanted to make the pot above $300" unless he truly had nothing. LAP has somehow turned his $200 (yes he bought into 10-20 with $200) into over $1300 in about 2 hours.

I'm UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif and raise, UTG+1 folds, maniac in EP1 calls, making me suspicious already, LAP to his left 3-bets, folded to me, I call??, maniac calls.

flop = A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, maniac raises, LAP cold calls, I call planning to checkraise any turn??

turn = Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, maniac bets, LAP raises, I 3-bet??, maniac calls, LAP calls

river = Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I.....?

rigoletto
04-25-2004, 05:54 AM
Is this a trick question - None of them has AA but they might very well put you on them, so you bet!

Steve Giufre
04-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Bet. You cant go for a checkraise here, I really doubt someone is going to bet a bare ace on the river, but they may make a crying call with one. That being said, you may be raised by a queen, and you would then obviously three bet.

Gladiator
04-25-2004, 07:38 AM
Not sure how likely the maniac is to bet, i get the feeling he will raise you if he has a hand and payoff your 3bet. and if he has only an A he will surely pay one bet but if you check it i think he just wants to turn the cards and see if he won- so bet.

CrackerZack
04-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Fold, the 2nd nuts is obviously no good here. Save the bet.

34TheTruth34
04-25-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the 2nd nuts is obviously no good here

[/ QUOTE ]

It always sucks when your second nut is no good.

wallopp
04-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Now, I am new, so feel free to tell me to get back in the pond like the little fish that I am /images/graemlins/smile.gif , but if the maniac and LAP reads are correct and the only hand that beats you is AA then wouldn't it be silly to fold the 2nd nut hand?

My guess would be that maniac cold called AK or Kxs and raised the flop with TPTK or nut flush draw and that LAP held JJ and slow played the flop. I think I would go to the felt with this everytime against these types of players, but then again....I am a newbie.
Wallopp

Jason Strasser
04-25-2004, 03:41 PM
There are being sarcastic. Welcome to 2+2.

wallopp
04-25-2004, 05:38 PM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif oh.....uhhh.....yah.....I knew that /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

anduril
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I must say I'm surprised my post got so many responses being that my name isn't andurilmeister. I appreciate most of the comments. For those who may care, I bet the river, maniac called with A7o, LAP overcalled with KK.....in other words the rest of my nite was good as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif