PDA

View Full Version : I hate when this happens.

Ralph Wiggum
04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.
Woohoo, I get a hand I can play. Sucks to be a tight player, when the deck goes cold, but now it's time to be aggressive.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, MP1 folds.
Aw, dang it. Could I get a worse flop? Time to check/fold. Does anyone bet this flop? If so, and you're called, how do you play the turn?

Final Pot: 4.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.75 BB, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. MP2 wins 4.25 BB. </font>

Trix
04-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Nope, this flop suck and people likes to coldcall with broadway cards.

Nottom
04-25-2004, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Aw, dang it. Could I get a worse flop? Time to check/fold. Does anyone bet this flop? If so, and you're called, how do you play the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Replace the J with another K and the flop is pretty bad. Having 3 outs to the nuts and 4 more outs that will be good a big chunk of the time can't be that bad can it? Call me a masochist but I would likely bet the flop.

If called I'm happy to admit I'm wrong and check-fold except for the times I bet again.

Dieter01
04-25-2004, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having 3 outs to the nuts and 4 more outs that will be good a big chunk of the time can't be that bad can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that 4 outs to the nuts and 3 outs for the aces?

Ralph Wiggum
04-25-2004, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having 3 outs to the nuts and 4 more outs that will be good a big chunk of the time can't be that bad can it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that 4 outs to the nuts and 3 outs for the aces?

[/ QUOTE ]

3 clean outs to the straight (the nuts). T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and 3 ace outs = 4 outs that are usually good, so Nottom's right.

blackaces13
04-25-2004, 11:18 PM
I think I'd bet and probably call a raise simply because of the pot odds at that point. If I were raised and then the turn didn't help and he bet again I'd release. Since you checked I think a case could still be made for peeling one off.

Ralph Wiggum
04-25-2004, 11:25 PM
If I'm looking at this situation as a draw to 7-outs, then isn't check/calling an option? On this flop, I'm getting 8.5-to-1 to call the bet &amp; then chance to hit one of my 7 outs is 5.6-to-1. Or should I just bet this hand as a semi-bluff?

Brain
04-25-2004, 11:35 PM
I've seen this happen to me a lot lately. Depending on the table, I'll bet or check-call and see the turn and go from there.