PDA

View Full Version : hand I misplayed

sublime
04-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Comments welcome on all streets, but I imagine the main comments will be on turn call.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (9 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 4s 4h (full house, aces full of fours).
UTG+1 shows 7c 7h (full house, aces full of sevens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 9 BB. </font>

cold_cash
04-24-2004, 08:46 PM
I think I would probably fold the turn.

After the flop gets checked around, anyone with an 8 is going to think his hand might be good, and now anyone with a 6 is likely thinking the same thing. (And also someone with a pocket pair....)

I don't think you can just call the turn. If you think you have the best hand you could make an argument for raising, but I think calling is a distant third behind folding or raising.

Personally I would fold because the pots pretty small, and I don't think you're going to make an 8 or 6 fold after the flop was checked around. (Plus there's still a small chance, though it might be small, that someone has an Ace.)

sublime
04-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah I misplayed it. Question.....What does the panel think of a bet on the flop?

bisonbison
04-24-2004, 09:26 PM
What does the panel think of a bet on the flop?

First position against a bunch of players who will call down with Axo without ever letting you know you're beat? Or 8xo. Or 6xo.

I think you're letting the results sway you're thinking. The turn fold should be the easiest decision you make today. FOLD.

sublime
04-24-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First position against a bunch of players who will call down with Axo without ever letting you know you're beat? Or 8xo. Or 6xo.

I think you're letting the results sway you're thinking. The turn fold should be the easiest decision you make today. FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, more often than not I am behind here.

Yeknom58
04-24-2004, 09:40 PM
I'd probably fold on the turn.

But if I didn't I sure wouldn't bet the river.

sublime
04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Yes I still suffer from temporary brain farts.