PDA

View Full Version : In the money, do you call two all ins?

jimotto
04-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Party 10+1 sng, I'm chip leader with 5200, the other remaining players have 1800 (SB) and 1000 (button). I'm dealt KJ in the big blind (200-400) and both players go all in. It costs me 1400 to call leaving me with 3400 if I lose.

I call, figuring I am likely behind at least one of them, but couldn't pass up the chance to knock both out at once, especially since I would still have a large stack should I lose. However, the more I think about it, the dumber this play feels. Thoughts?

Results below

<font color="white"> I was way behind, the button had AQ and the small blind had AA. However, the river offered up the Ace of diamonds, putting 4 diamonds on the board and giving me the nut flush.</font>

DrPublo
04-24-2004, 08:44 PM
This is a must-fold situation. Lets first look at the strength of your cards. KJ 3-way is good, but certainly not a monster. The fact that both your opponents are willing to push all their money in with their hands suggests you're behind one, if not both (more likely the caller than the pusher).

The more important consideration is best case/worst case scenarios though.

You call:
Best case is you win. Yay! Worse case is one of your opponents wins and you have a 4600/3400 chip disadvantage. Not terrible, but not great.

You fold:
Best case is you're heads up with the 5400/2600 dominating chip lead. Worst case is your opponents chop and you keep playing.

Clearly a fold situation, IMO.

The Doc

Jason Strasser
04-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Easy easy fold. Just sit back, watch one of them lose, and play heads up with a nice chip advantage.

FletchJr.
04-25-2004, 03:21 AM
I agree with what the others said. even tho KJo is a nice hand 3 way, but its not worth it in that situation.
Now if you got extra money for a double knock out then ur hand might of been playable /images/graemlins/laugh.gif